Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Devoted June 2020 British Columbia

My fh's band?

Shannon, on December 10, 2016 at 01:57 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14
So when I proposed to my FH I bought him an engagement ring (the one in the picture) I will eventually be wearing an engagement ring too. I know that usually when ladies get married they wear both their engagement ring and wedding band on the same finger. However the band on mens rings is so much wider! My FH is doubtful of being able to comfortably wear 2 rings on the same finger so we are unsure: do we switch out his ring for something narrower, do we use his engagement ring as his wedding band on the big day, do we move his engagement ring to another finger or his other hand or do we put his engagement ring in a jewlery box and let him wear his wedding band day to day. Any suggestions?

My fh's band? - 1

14 Comments

Latest activity by Marie, on January 18, 2017 at 10:06
  • Marie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello EmilieMy FH parents are from England he is their first born in Canada. This post made us discuss about him wearing a ring. He said he will wear one he just didnt find the right one yet.We met on Plentyoffish.com 8 years ago and have been together since. To comeback to this post I found men rings that interlock within each other's. It looks like two rings in one and it looks very manly.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! No, you're definitely teaching me something. Why is that so? Is you FH english? How did you two meet? Smiley smile

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Emilie, My fh doesn't like wearing jewellery and being a Executove CHEF it can be hazardous to wear a ring so he doesn't plan wearing a band. Did you know that many men in England don't wear wedding band. My father in law has been married for 49 years and he never wore a ring.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so great Marieve! Smiley love How's your new ring like? Will your future husband wear a ring before the wedding too? Smiley smile

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome! Thanks Smiley smile
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I proposed to my ex husband and he did wear a ring before we got married. As long as you are happy that's all it matters. Now days anyhing goes.

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Smiley smile He is so amazing and I wanted him to feel special
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that is so awesome that your proposed to him! YOU GO GIRL !!

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh wow those are some fantastic ideas! I hadnt thought of those. thanks so much!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that you proposed to him! You go girl! Smiley winking I agree with the other brides that it's whatever works best for you two! My husband proposed with a ring and then we designed a different one together that I wear now as my engagement ring. (He only decided he was proposing a couple days before so he just found something simple for the proposal and then said we could design something together afterwards!) I was planning on wearing the proposal ring on the other hand like you suggested. If he doesn't mine jewelry that could be a good option!

If you can find a jeweler you trust, you could have a wedding band to fit around the engagement ring. I would recommend maybe a private jeweler because when you go to chain stores they tend to jack up the price once you start customizing! That's what we did for my rings and the private jeweler was way less expensive.

He could also wear the engagement ring on a necklace! I know some guys do that with class rings!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think all of the options you listed are solid option. Like Lisa, I think it mostly comes down to what he prefers. There's not really any "rules", so you can make up your own!

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree Lisa. He can wear it as a right hand ring. I did that with my promise ring!! Smiley smile
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Lisa!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of the questions you asked above are valid and I think any answer would work. I guess the first thing that comes to my mind is, What does he prefer? My FH doesn't like wearing jewellery period so wearing 2 rings would be excruciating for him! Lol If your FH doesn't mind jewellery then he can flip it to another hand. Alternatively, he can just use the same one as his band. Last, if he wants a traditional wedding band and you can exchange the ring then that's a bonus too! I think in the end he's going to be the only one who can answer those questons. Let us know how you make out. Good luck Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics