Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elycia
Curious June 2018 Ontario

My dress is here

Elycia, on February 14, 2018 at 16:56 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23
I got an email yesterday that my dress has arrived. It's this allure beauty I'm nervous because it was ordered a size 20 I'm worried it will need major alterations in the bust area and is going to cost more than what I paid... But I also wanted it shortened and the train removed. Does anyone else have this anxiety or is it just me... My wedding is in June so lots of time to have it altered.

My dress is here 1

23 Comments

Latest activity by Carmela, on February 25, 2018 at 11:11
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No justification needed here hunny! It looks gorgeous and your going to look stunning in it. At the end of the day, as long as your happy!
  • Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got it at Sophie's Bridal in Kitchener Ontario It was at the edge of my budget but i coulsent find anything that was a lower price that made me feel as wonderful.

• J
    Newbie May 2018 Manitoba
    Jamille ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just got my dress back last week and I tried it on Thursday. I was really anxious about how big they ordered mine too. Honestly I thought they were just trying to make an extra buck for my alterations.
    It was quite big when I tried it on, but it made sense as to why. When they took my measurements, I was wider in the hips. They said that it would be easier to adjust it everywhere else, so it’s better to get a size that fits my hips. All dresses need some alteration.
    And like others have said, wedding dresses are sized a lot bigger!
    Your dress is gorgeous! You’re going to be a stunning bride!
  • Carmela
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WOW!! ITS STUNNING!! Where did you go to purchase the dress?

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love it!!!
  • Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Heres a photo its not the best

My dress is here 2
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wedding dresses are sized smaller! I typically wear a dress size 12-14 and my wedding dress is a 18wide and its tight.
    So dont stress about the size until you try it on! It will likely fit better than you think!
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend had a very similar dress for her wedding, it's gorgeous in real life the pic doesn't do it justice. Please share when you try on Smiley smile

• Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope yours worked out okay I'm afraid mine will be humungous they ordered a 20 and all other dresses I've tried on are a 14-16 my mom assured me that wedding dresses are sized smaller but it still makes me anxious
  • Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm picking it up this Friday.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go pick it up!!! I got nervous for no reason as well when I heard that my dress was in! You'll feel better once you've tried it on again! Smiley smile

• Jaymee
    Newbie June 2018 Alberta
    Jaymee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha i hear you on that one!! Im super short (5'1) and well my alteration bill was just abit more then half of what i paid for my dress!

Book in your alterations ASAP.. I booked mine in i believe in November and the lady thanked me so much as June they are crazy busy due to weddings/ and grad season.. I never thought about Grads.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we all have anxiety about our dresses once they finally arrive as it has been so long since we last wore them. I had anxiety that mine wouldn't fit, that I wouldn't like it as much or that it was ordered in the wrong colour. As soon as I got to my fitting and saw that it was the right colour and put it on, I was in love all over again! I am sure you will be too! It is a beautiful dress and you will look great!

You might get a deal through the seamstress at your bridal salon but seeing as they know their products best it might be a good idea to stick with them anyway.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love it!! Mine just came in too I'm going to get it today, eeee!! Don't worry too much about it, everything will be all good and it'll fit ad there's plenty of time for alterations still Smiley smile Just gotta clear away the negative comments and believe everything will be good or wedding planning can get too stressful!

• Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If it's the one you will love it every time you put it on that's how it was with me
  • Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks .I do have a seamstress lined up if the one at the shop is too much
  • Jennifer
    Newbie November 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get my dress in August and I'm just worried I won't really love it! I tried on a ton of dresses and I just needed to pick one already! But, I think once alterations are done and the dress fits YOU it will look amazing no matter what.

If the store you bought your dress in is has a seamstress it could be cheaper that way depending on their rates. If it is, find one off site! There is plenty of little seamstress shops or even people who do it out of their home that could give you a decent price.

• Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sure it's fine it was just a dream I double and triple checked it would be ordered in the right colour it should be fine it's just a matter of going to get it my salon is in Kitchener and only will let me go get it on a weekday
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you ordered champagne and it came in white/ivory, I would be calling the bridal salon/going in and making a stink about that. It's not the dress you ordered! If I receive my dress in a few months in white (I ordered mine in a champagne as well), I'd be furious! I am so sorry that you are going through this. Smiley sad

• Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm just nervousi had a dream it came way too big and in white...I ordered it in champagne
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress!

I was concerned about the cost of alterations as well. I ended up doing it with my bridal salon where I got the dress, because I'm from out of town and they were going to be very accommodating. I had a lot of lace on the bottom of my dress so I was worried about how much it was going to be. In the end, it wasn't too bad (only $300 (I also paid a bit more because of the out of town thing)) as they have tricks to make everything come together!

• Carmela
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s a beautiful dress!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think its always daunting to have to do alterations. But if you go to a seamstress who knows what she's doing, she'll end up doing a lot of the solution thinking for you!

Don't stress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics