Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
VIP June 2017 Ontario

Must have "shot" list

Melissa, on January 17, 2017 at 13:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 29

Hey Brides and Grooms!

I am starting to write up a list of photographs that I would like my photographer to get. I am hoping not to give a TON of direction, and to let the day flow, and be captured as he sees things happening. I have a lot of confidence in out photographer, we loved him fromt he moment we met him- his passion for his art is very clear!

What are some shots you want to be sure to get? I'm hoping to pick everyone's brain for either a few creative shots, or any traditional ones I might forget.

So far I think:

Walk down the aisle from the front (to see me!)

Walk down the aisle from behind (to see FH)

Full family shot

With each of our parents

A romantic dinner shot.....and thats about it. I'm sure I'll add more, but I really do want to minimize my direction and be a little surprised by some images!

Any ideas?

posted-on-october-28th-2012-FALs9M-clipa

29 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on January 18, 2017 at 08:59
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

its been helpful, I pretty much have it done .. I just add to it if I find a neat shot I think I would like

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha! That's okay! I know I'm going to be a crybaby too!! They better have some serious waterproof mascara for me! LOL
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this one! I still think about whether or not we should have gotten one of these. I thought that it might have helped me get the tears out before walking down the aisle but I think I'm just too much of a cry baby! Smiley xd

ETA: I think I commented on the wrong one. I love the pic of the bride and groom holding hands between the door!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw thank you! You're so sweet! Smiley catface

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah that's so perfect!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photography was one of my priorities so of course I had a pretty detailed list for my photographer! I really wanted to make sure we had the details/decorations captured. (We spent a lot of time on it and I wanted to make sure they were captured!) Dress, shoes/socks, cake, rings, flowers, centerpieces, invitations, programs, chalkboard signs, ceremony space, reception space, etc. I love that she did this for the programs! My sister/MOH is holding it.

Programs

Programs

I also really wanted a shot that showed my tattoo because it was in honour of my grandma. Here is one she had taken of another bride and the one she got of me.

Tattoo BrideTattoo

I wanted a shot that showed the bridal party from the waist down with the bouquets and shoes and a shot of the guys showing off their socks. I found these for inspiration on Pinterest.

Picture Ideas

Picture Ideas

Picture Ideas

Picture Ideas

I also wanted one showing both of us wearing our rings! Inspiration vs. our wedding (not sure we pulled it off as well! Smiley xd )

Inspiration- ringsWearing our rings

We also made a list of all the people that we wanted to get pics with and it was really helpful because our photographer could literally check it off and then we were sure that we didn't miss anyone in the moment. It's a good idea to show the list to your parents too to see if there are any that you might have missed. (Or if there are any shots that are really important to them that you might not have thought of. My mom had a few I'd missed.)

Have you gone through your photographer's portfolio to see if there were poses that you'd like to try? Our photographer said that she doesn't like to exactly recreate poses but you can see how she was able to find similar things for us to try. Are there are any specific places you really want to capture? You should def schedule a walkthrough of your venues with your photographer so he can plan out his shots and see if he can find any cool locations for you. There was a Public Market in the area by our venues so we made sure to get a couple of us among the hustle and bustle of the marketplace!

Public Market

Public Market

Sorry for all the pics but I'm a visual person! Smiley winking And I agree with you that it's definitely fun to see the things that your photographer captures that you weren't expecting! Candids are my favourite. Our photographer actually took pictures of all the couples at the reception which we hadn't thought about. They're such nice pictures that we're printing them out and including them in our thank you cards! (Some of our friends/family don't necessarily have a lot of "nice" pictures of them and their significant other so they appreciated that we got those shots!)

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your organization amazes me! You are so on the ball!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No! Take the photo after Smiley tongue
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahh Sam! Love it! Great shot!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh and I love this one too! I've already asked the photographer to put it on the list!

Must have
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a list of shots both posed and candid that my photographer will take on the day. It shows times and minutes needed for each.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Or we will bump heads Smiley atonished

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

annoy the others?

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha you and me both!! I will probably be the bride that falls on her ass lol!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DO IT!!!!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do like a good dip!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every picture from your wedding is fantastic!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The more of these I see, the more I like it! We have a balcony that would work for this too! (when the restaurnat closes, or we might annoy the patrons downstairs!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are just a couple! I could sit here for hours posting photos of ones I would love to have! But I trust my photographer. We didn't give her any list of photos we wanted for our engagement photos and they turned out amazing!

Wedding photo

Wedding photo

wedding photo

wedding photo

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

clever girl! I like that idea! Much better than trying to describe things!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOVE IT!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That was one of our priorities too! Luckily our venue had multiple landings so the photographer went up on the top landing and we were down below on the dance floor. We had everyone come up after the dinner and afterwards we went into our shoe game and first dances and it worked well because everyone was already gathered!

Group Shot

Group Shot

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those look awesome !! I am doing this too Mel, starting my shot list .... I have all my main ones down there are alot of printable worksheets online that you can just add or subtract from the photos they have listed it was helpful to make mine and now I am just choosing special shots off pinterest that i must have to print out and add to my sheets for my photographer Smiley laugh

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

CAN IT JUST BE APRIL ALREADY!?!?!?! Looking at these photos makes me want to hurry up and just be getting married here already!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A picture from there would really capture the awesome features your venue has too!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I read that the best way for the photographer to do it is to have a small ladder/step stool and when we get to the end of the aisle after we're married and walking back down the aisle, have everyone turn and look at the camera. But also! My venue has this great balcony, so I'm thinking about having the officiant ask everyone to go over to the patio and have the photographer up on the balcony taking the photo... I think it will look awesome and I'm most excited about it! I hope it works out

ETA: this photo is of my venue taken from the balcony I'm talking about

Hernder Winery

Hernder Winery

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is pretty neat- do you think you might try to get that right after the ceremony?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh also this!!

Photographer Wishlist

Photographer Wishlist

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute