Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner June 2022 Saskatchewan

Music set up!

Stephanie, on October 6, 2021 at 23:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hey! Wondering if anyone has done, or is doing a wedding without a dj!? What did/are you going to do?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Alex, on January 28, 2022 at 10:59
  • BreddGar
    Curious March 2023 Greater London
    BreddGar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister's wedding went without a DJ. The music was chosen in advance and it was the best songs for the wedding. The guests were happy.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a DJ for the ceremony and reception who took care of the music and mc service. The music selection played was great until towards the end when vulgar songs were played and it wasn't well with me.

• S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Stephanie,

My Fiancée and I are having a small wedding of about 40 family members, and we have decided that not booking a DJ would allow us to allocate that money to something else! My brother is quite the introvert and we have decided to ask him to DJ our reception. He is going to use Spotify and plug into the speakers at our venue.

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Stephanie,
    We are having a family friend do the music. Haha!
    That being said, we’re planning to put him at the back of the venue in a corner with table for laptop and the set-ups plugging in the speaker and mic,
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How big is your venue, your guest size, and will you be dancing? Are you using a band for other things like the ceremony and entrances? If not, you'll need help to plan, manage and cue all of these things.

I've had a friend use Spotify for a wedding held in his condo. He just plugged a laptop into a sound system that he rented and that's it. The wedding had around 30ish people or so (40 max), so it wasn't a big party that needed a professional to read the room and go with the flow. He also had a very no frills ceremony where no one walked down aisles or did entrances.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics