Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chantal
Beginner September 2017 Quebec

Music for outdoor ceremony

Chantal, on July 7, 2017 at 11:56 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

Hi everyone

I am trying to see what options exist for music for the ceremony at an outdoor wedding. We have our reception at the Hilton Lac Leamy but weather permitting we're getting married outside in the gardens. I don't want to spend a bunch of money for musicians and the hotel said we could have our own speakers to play music but isn't that a little tacky?

Any thoughts or suggestions or names of musicians that are not crazy priced in the Ottawa area would be most welcome :-)

5 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on July 25, 2017 at 14:40
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally splurged and got a harp for the outdoor ceremony. It wasn't actually as expensive as I thought it was going to be at $400. I am very excited about it! Smiley smile Technically we are outside and it is a super short ceremony we could have done it without music but...magical harps won out over frugal.

• Chantal
    Beginner September 2017 Quebec
    Chantal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks guys - I think the Bluetooth speaker is the way to go for us given that it will be a 30 min ceremony max :-)

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Chantal! So nice. Here I send you some inspiration: What music will play during your ceremony? - Ceremony music: dj or diy? - Ceremony live music - Did you look at the vendors in our directory? Ottawa Music. What kind of music do you like? xx

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was at a wedding on friday where they had a bluetooth speaker set up on the signing table and the mother of the bride had her phone connected to it and controlled the music from her seat when it needed to start/stop. It actually worked out very well!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked into portable small Bluetooth speakers? You can find them online for decent prices. They tend to be small so you can hide them in multiple places for your ceremony and you can create a playlist on your phone and send it to the speakers via Bluetooth.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics