Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathy
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Music

Kathy, on March 28, 2022 at 16:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 13

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone else is making their own playlists for their wedding.

We are getting married in June and are only having 40 people. I didn't think paying for a dj would be worth it for a micro wedding.

I thought I could make my own processional, recessional, first dance, dancing etc music myself. Our venue has outdoor and indoor speakers. I will be designating someone to help out but......I'm getting a little nervous that something could go wrong! I had actually made some playlists on Spotify and a few weeks ago the site went down and I lost all my music!! Don't want this to happen right before or god forbid on the day of!

Has anyone managed to do this successfully? Also what site did you use? I'm thinking Spotify might not be the best bet.

Thanks!!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Eva, on July 19, 2022 at 15:56
  • E
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Eva ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also going to do it by myself Smiley smile

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Will do! Smiley smile

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re so welcome!! 🙂 Let me know how it goes!
    And thank you.
  • Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I think I will do that! Thank you Smiley smile

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea! Didn't even think of that! Thank you Smiley smile

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Battery pack! Ok never crossed my mind til now lol! Thank you!!!!

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that looks perfect! Thank you!!! I will try Apple Music Smiley smile

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Kathy,
    I actually created my playlist for my wedding on Apple Music. I separated them by Ceremony & Reception (mainly important songs in order of events), then Dance party by genre.

I loved that idea. Because it helped our family (he was the DJ) play our songs. Then I also gave a word document on the playlist of important songs.Music 1

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

PERSONALLY, I have loved the few weddings I have been to where it was music off a playlist rather than a DJ. the 2 in particular I am thinking of had no issues come day of and everything went smoothly. I dont recall if they had any music during the ceremony to say there.

But I agree with Carmel's tips. Make sure everyone has access and maybe no locks on phone day of for easy access. AND DONT FORGET A BATTERY PACK! would hate for our phone to die in the middle of the party!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unless you want to dictate every song that is played at your event, I feel like you're better off running those hour+ long playlist videos on YouTube via a laptop that has adblock on your browser. Put a few of those on a playlist (you can mix up the genres) and you have something that can run for a few hours. You can also buy a premium Spotify and use other people's party lists.

Just plan the major musical cues (procession, entrances, first dance) as mp3 files that someone can play on the laptop's internal media player and leave the music for the party running in the background.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A usb is a safe way to store your music until ready to transfer to your playlist. A connection for the USB port to play the music could work with the device.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a DJ but speaking on behalf of friends who did playlists - the ones who used Spotify had issues with connection sometimes but those who downloaded the music had no issues. That being said, have someone responsible for it incase something goes wonky, you don't want to be worrying about it. Make sure they have the password if the device locks... It was brutal when the couple went outside for a while and the music stopped and we couldn't restart it... I also wouldn't allow everyone access - I've seen entire playlists get deleted by the one ridiculous drunk girl.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also having a 40 person wedding this summer!

I am making up a few different Spotify playlists. One for ceremony music, one for more casual dinner music and one for late night party music. I've never had an issue with Spotify before though. Maybe create the same playlist on two different services? That way you have a back up?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics