Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kara
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Multiple time postponement brides… stressing yet?

Kara, on July 14, 2021 at 10:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hey guys!
We are on our 4th Covid date- now June 18, 2022. We were prepaid and preplanned right before the original lockdown in 2020 (as our original date was June 20,2020) Now that Ontario has set the stage for the end game of reopening, I feel as if the flood gates have opened, and now our 110 guest wedding will FINALLY ACTUALLY HAPPEN. I literally have had so much random panic the last few days, going over everything. I have just been “porting” all my plans through the year and not thinking much, as all was “in place”… but now, I feel there are so many variables with it being just under a year away again. I just became, overwhelmed. Can’t sleep. Obsessing over details. I don’t know….. feel like I lost my mind somewhere and I’m not sure why…lol.. I’m disappointed in myself as I usually am on top of everything and take charge. I feel like I wanna hide under a rock. What happened here?!?!? Lol…. Anyone else having some random stresses? Overwhelmed? I feel it’s too early to panic, but I just can’t shut it off🙄

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kara, on August 13, 2021 at 02:22
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have the wine and Kleenex ready!!! Lol
    I’m sorry you’re going through this too. Some days are just tougher than others.
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kara, I feel like we could drink wine and laugh till we cry. We postponed twice, 2020, 2021, to 2022. Something that should have been fun and joyful is stressful is now connected with uncertainty and disappointment.
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Vinod. I am satisfied, truly, But I guess it’s just the anticipation. We didn’t want a long engagement- and it has turned into one. More disappointment than anything. But, I know the day will eventually come.
    Thank you for your kind words.
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re totally right Hank. I am fortunate that I have been able to continue to port my plans throughout the year. I couldn’t imagine the stress for those who went ahead (or are going ahead). Thank you for re-centering me 🙂
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Kathy!
    Vegetable gardens sound good 🙂 I’m glad you found a way to relieve some of the stress. I’m sorry to hear about your postponement too. Thank you for the encouraging words!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding postponements are not the greatest feeling to a successful countdown as it seems it gets further away. Your security of knowing the date is now finally locked in for good and details being set is assuring. The stress is up there and it does feel your heart doesn't seem satisfied, yet most of you guests will be present.
  • Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh friend I totally get it!!!! We have had to postpone twice and are now June 25, 2022. I had to take a step back and focus on other things or I thought I would go bonkers lol! It helped a lot planning something other than our wedding and not stressing over pandemic rules. Maybe try to do something you can control for a bit. I put all my stressing into a veggie garden. Never done one before!! Now I feel centered again and can enjoy looking forward to our wedding. Might help? Just know you aren’t the only one feeling this way 😊

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like what should have been joyful anticipation for your wedding has turned into some undue stress. Like you said, you have almost a year so do try not to overwhelm yourself especially since you're pre-paid and pre-planned. People have had to plan whole weddings in under two weeks due to sudden new changes in government rules so hopefully the fact that you more or less have an idea of what you want and how you were to achieve it, with a year to do it will put you at ease.

If you find yourself obsession over the wedding 24/7, take a break and get away from it for an extended period of time. Could be a day or a week. Join your FH in non-wedding related activities. Go meet friends now that cases are low and it's safer to do so outdoors.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics