Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Mothers of the Bride and Groom

Abbie, on September 24, 2021 at 22:43 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
Hi all!

Should my mum and my fiancé’s mum look at coordinating colour wise? It’s not something that bothers me either way, but they were wondering themselves ☺️

9 Comments

Latest activity by Abbie, on October 18, 2021 at 08:16
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it matters, i'm personally not having them dress along on the colour palette. They have asked my opinion on lengths of their dresses but thats about it

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! ☺️ The Dads got to talking about matching their suits and then the question came up for the mums so figured I’d ask!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think this matters at all. For the most part I don't think they'd ever even be next to each other in photos? Ours were because of a traditional part of our ceremony but they wore navy and dark purple. Our colours were black silver and gold so 🤷🏻‍♀️.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly don't think it matters what color she wears as long as it will compliment the other colors for photos and such Smiley smile

• Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’ll looks nice wearing something that match your theme colour. However, my mother refused to wear the dress my sister got for her matching with her mother in law. It was a long plum dress. My sister mother in law wore it but not my mother. She said it was too long for her. So my sister ended up buying her a new short dress for my mother cream or ivory colour.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom wore pink while my MIL wore blue. Our bridal party is silver/grey. I think they should be able to wear whatever they want. Moms are typically not associated with the bridal party in the same way and they will have their own style they prefer.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont think it really matters. My mom is wearing a colour that will look nice in pictures of wedding party. Wedding party will be blue and mom is in purple.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think typically they coordinate with the wedding colours? I'm not 100% sure though. Our wedding colours are silver/grey and blush. My mom will be wearing grey/silver and my Fiancés mom is planning on wearing some shade of pink

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics