Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Mother of the bride dresses!

Chelsea, on February 14, 2017 at 07:53 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 27

Hey ladies! So my mom has been looking at ordering her dress online and so we have been searching different idea's that we both like! These are what we have come up with, I would love to hear what everyone else thinks on the dresses! Also my mom is only 40 years old so we don't want her looking way older then she is either! I have 5 different options here and different angles of the dresses. We would most likely be ordering the dresses in a blue or a gold/champagne colour!

Dress option 1

Dress option 1

Dress option 1

Dress option 2

Dress option 2

Dress option 2

Dress option 3

Dress option 3

Dress option 3

Dress option 3

Dress option 3

Dress option 3

Dress option 3

Dress option 4

Dress option 4

Dress option 4

Dress option 4

Dress option 5

Dress option 5

Dress option 5

27 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on February 20, 2017 at 11:08
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

3 and 5 are popular for sure! Number 4 I think is stunning to!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think number 5 is definitely a hit in this discussion!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they are all nice but I like 4 and 5 the best. 3 is also a good choice. As long as your mum feels beautiful and comfortable and you both like it.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like 2 or 5.

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you!!!
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Number 1 is really unique, I also love 3 and 5. Just to give you a "mom" opinion (I'm 43) lol
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are the 2 popular ones!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is pretty! I would have to ask if she would like it or not! Most of the time we agree on what we like/dislike but ya never know!

• Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like dress number 3 and 5.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I don't really know your mom to make it super constructive, but being closer to her age and being "older" like you say lol I can pick out the few I like that wouldnt be too dated! Smiley smile I found this one this morning that I thought was pretty and if it was summer it would be cool. Not sure if your mom would wear something like this?! It was on that Vbridal website under the mother of the bride section. What do you think?!

Mother of the bride dresses! 1

Mother of the bride dresses! - 1
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got her age wrong. She is 42 but either way, she is still a youngin! haha! And haha yes that was not very helpful at all! I think you just listed everything you like about each dres LOL! But I can't blame you! I love them all to.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh! I don't think I can be helpful here because they are all pretty. I really love the first one, I just might order it for myself!!!! Lol it's a stunning dress!!! The only comment I would make on that dress, is that it's a head turner and I wouldnt want your mom outshining you, and everyone saying look at her mom's dress!!! I like the Harvey Bridal without the jacket and V bridal Blue dress as I love the lace detail and the shape of it. And I like the idea of something V neck. Specially if your step mom already has a high neck gown. It will give them a different look. Lastly......I saw your note to Natasha....40 is not OLD!!! Lol
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol thank you Kacy! :p
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dress #1 is really unique! I really like it, and I'm curious to know if it ends up looking like that on your mom! Otherwise, I really like dresses #3, 4 and 5. I haven't really narrowed it down, eh? LOL. Those are, in my opinion, the least likely to make your mama look "old", which she most definitely is not, at 40 y!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are all beautiful dresses, I like dress option 2 and dress option 5 as they are the ones that are the most stunning.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! We plan to go and have her try on some dresses that are similar to the ones we like. This way we know what to get her and what looks good on her!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love dress #2 (with or without the jacket) and #5... With dress #1, I would worry that it would not look like it does on the model... Is it possible for her to try on similar dresses in person?
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree about number 3! It is the best one so far!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like option 3 very best! It is MOB-ish without looking "old"

And that blue is glorious.

Option 5 is my runnner up Smiley smile

The rest are nice, but I do think option 4 feels a bit prom-like

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya for sure! Luckily both my ceremony and reception are inside so we will have air conditioning to help with the heat at least! My step-mom already has her dress, and my FMIL doesn't have anything yet but I think she wants to wear something more like a pant suit as she is in a wheelchair and doesn't like her body and everything.

My step-mom got a simple classic black dress with sparkles all over the dress! In the photos you can't see the sparkles as much but I took it just so my mom could get a different dress and not the same colour!

Front view

Front view

Side view

Side view

Back view

Back view

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I told my mom to get something light .. maybe even a tea length style dress... I dont want them dying in the heat .... they are older and dont do as well in the heat as us youngins do lol .. and I dont want a sweaty grumpy mom or MIL lol

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think 3 is my favourite! It used to be 2, but then we kept looking and found option 3!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes that makes sense!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love #2 and #3! The beading will look really nice in pictures and video. They're timeless, flattering designs too so great for any age!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like dress number 2, I worry that dress number 1 might be too hot considering you and i are both getting married the same time ... thats normally hot and humid weather

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree! It is so different from what you might see someone wearing which is why we both loved it!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They're all amazing Chelsea! Smiley heart I think my favourite are the first and last one! The first one is very stunning, kind of greek looking and out of the ordinary! I love it! Smiley love

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics