Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Malyssa
Expert October 2022 Alberta

Mother of Bride Outfit

Malyssa, on November 9, 2021 at 14:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6

HI all,

Would love some opinions here. My father is not in the picture, so obviously won't be walking me down the aisle. However, I'm incredibly close my my mom, so she will be giving me away. Now my question is this: should she wear similar colors to the bridal party or should I allow free will for colors? We aren't particular when it comes to dress code for our wedding, but curious how other brides in my situation may have handled this.

Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on November 20, 2021 at 01:51
  • Jennifer
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would let her wear whatever she wants Smiley smile I don’t think she needs to match the bridal party
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would personally let her wear whatever colour she wants Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would let her wear whatever she wants. If she needs help, offer assistance or go shopping with her but personally, it feels weird to dictate what a grown person wears, especially one who is your senior. I would only step in and micromanage IF she has no idea what she's doing (ie. she wants to wear wooly socks under a short dress with open toe shoes lol).

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have asked my mom to wear silver/grey. Our wedding colours are blush and silver/grey. My bridesmaids are wearing blush
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agreed. Do what works for you! If you don't care, let her pick. Your mom should stand out from the bridesmaids, in my opinion. I let our moms pick what they wanted but they did confirm with me first. My mom wore navy and our wedding party wore black.... I do think that's the one of the few colour combos that do not go together (it's a bruise...) 😆 but I wasn't concerned as she looked phenomenal in the dress - my dad even commented when she brought it home and he never has opinions LOL. All the pics she's in look great and I'm glad she wore it.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think she can wear whatever she likes if you don't have any particular color that you want her to wear. I don't think you have be. I let my mom pick whatever she wanted to wear including color but she did go with navy.
    My colors are navy and gold
    My MOH is wearing this navy and gold dress and my mom is going with this dressMother of Bride Outfit 1
    Mother of Bride Outfit 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics