Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Most Likely To Buy A Gift Off-Registry

Joey, on October 9, 2018 at 10:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20

We're playing a just for fun game of " Most Likely To " to find out who might make a faux pas on your wedding day.

You spent a long time curating the perfect gift registry and adding pieces that will blend perfectly with what you already have. Of course any generosity is appreciated, but we all know someone who likes to get... let's say "creative" with their gifting. Who do you think is most likely to buy a gift off-registry?

Gif from Pinterest

>>Click here to go to the next question, Most Likely To Mess With Your Photos

20 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on October 31, 2018 at 13:34
  • Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably just our grandparents

• Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say either my dad or MOH.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well my one cousin already did so I will go with him
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Any of my mom's sisters, but they won't buy something, they'll make me something, like a quilt, or a painting or something, and I honestly wouldn't mind that at all!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone. We have no registry and almost every single person has said "I understand...but I got you something".

• Candice
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So for my sister in laws bridal shower I went to her registry and pain staikenly picked out items I could afford. When she opened the gift she laughed out loud (in front of 50 or so woman) and said "Oh my God" This is crap (used that word) that we jokenly put on the registry and I forgot to take it off" I was so embarrased and !

I gave them cash for a wedding gift.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not doing a shower or a registry so I think it'll be good.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding party! We had let them know a few of our desired items. Haha. They didn't buy those, but they did buy off the registry!

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely my close family like my aunts and uncles. They will want to buy something instead of giving money.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone? No registry here
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one thank goodness and all guests are respectful and partying.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anyone from FH's side? They seem to do their own thing.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a registry, requesting money to put towards a down payment instead. I could totally see some older aunts/uncle trying to get creative though.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t have a registry but honestly my fiancé’s aunt is potentially going to get us something religious (We aren’t)
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugghhhh we did a registry for my Bridal Shower because we are doing a honeymoon registry for the wedding, and my mom thought it would be nice to give the ladies some guidance (we have lived together almost 6 years, we needed specific things)...

One of the guests knew they could buy the iron I wanted $10 cheaper at Superstore, so they did that, and I ended up getting 2 irons (thankfully my mom kept her gift receipt)... One aunt saw I wanted grey and green towels, so she got them to take the grey ones off the registry and went and bought some at The Bay... and someone else got my BedBath&Beyond green ones, so now my towels don't match...

And my godmother decided she'd rather give me a miscellaneous box of "tea-themed items" (I had a Tea Party bridal shower) from her travels (she lives in the UK)... That one wasn't as bad actually, it was actually a cute collection of Royal Tea, Royal Honey, Royal Botanical Garden soap, Buckingham Palace Christmas ornament, chocolates, etc...

But overall, I couldn't understand why guests who are given a very specific list of "WE WANT THIS"... they decide they can do better.... ? My dad's girlfriend actually said she was super happy that I could "Favourite" items on the BB&B registry, cus she knew she was getting me things I really wanted.

I'm wondering if I should open another small registry in case some old school guests really don't want to give monetary gifts towards the honeymoon.... So that I don't end up with stuff I already have/don't need....

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a registry quite yet, but at our engagement party we said no gifts (people knew we fly down to visit), and ended up with lots of gifts (mostly kitchen stuff) that we had to ship back home.

A lot of the gifts were from older aunts and uncles who still think it's "rude" to show up without a physical gift.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't have a registry, we are requesting money instead since we will not be able to take gifts back home with us as well as the fact we have everything we need and don't need any things!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not having a registry!
    So it will be interesting to see what folks gift us. (Yep, we’re taking that chance)
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure! I really haven't even dealt with a registry before so I don't really know what to expect??? I have never bought from someone's registry either...

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid/coworker... she has told me that she will hand make my gift or buy what she thinks that I will like..... Not too upset about it but if she wasn't so close to me then I would be scared.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics