Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynz
Frequent user April 2018 Ontario

Month of coordinator/ day of coordinator

Lynz, on February 9, 2017 at 10:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 7
Hello.
I am struggling to book a MOC as im not sure if i really need one...anyone have regrets not having one? Or anyone have pros for having one?
I have heard stories of MOCs not showing up or sending an assistant and then it not going well...but i feel i may need one because im not having a bridal party nor do i want to designate my family and friends to tasks...my main goal is for everyone to be carefree and have fun.
Any and all thoughts are welcome!!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on February 14, 2017 at 15:42
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm on the fence about this issue too... After the rehearsal dinner I don't want to think about logistics of the wedding... Professional help the day before and day of would make things easier for me... I'm looking a a few who are also decorators and have done amazing things at our venue... On the other hand what do I have to give up to afford it?
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided not to have one, and put the money towards something else .. we looked at all our loving family and bridal party that wanted to help out in so many ways we just figured we wouldnt need it and spent the money elsewhere

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lyndsay! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart This is such an important aspect, I'm glad you're asking the question, you'll feel much better on your wedding day if you feel well surrounded and has someone who can take care of coordination. You can take a look at our directory to find the ones in your area: Wedding Planning Ontario Feel free to ask them questions! It's important to find the right person who you'll feel comfortable with! Smiley smile You can also click reply below our comments to reply, that way we'll get a notification with your answer and will be able to continue the conversation Smiley smile How's your wedding planning going so far? Did you already book most of your vendors?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If we could have afforded it, I would definitely have gone for a MOC or DOC! I was able to pull everything off myself despite living in another country but it would have been so helpful to have someone check on things for me rather than me having to do it. On the day of the wedding, I just had to assume that my vendors had shown up and were doing what they were supposed to because I was getting ready and making sure my wedding party was on schedule. (Thank god they were but it would have given me some piece of mind to know the DJ was ready to go, etc)

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya no a venue contact person is definitely different (my venues coordinator has a title of wedding coordinator and it's in my contract that she provides day of coordination). I'm not sure on the prices for a DOC but I literally hear nothing short of amazing things about them and everyone I know that hired one says it's the best money they spent and absolutely worth every penny!

If you want to spend less just hire someone for the day rather than the month

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh good to hear.. i have always been more on the yes fence but is money i could put to something else or save .....my venue has a contact person but i feel they will have the venues best interest not mine at the front....there is also the catering contact who said they could do minor set up but im looking for someone who set up center pieces and will make sure my cake has arrived...my grandma is taken care of etc...more i type the more i think i do need one. Lol
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know anyone that has booked a MOC but I have a few friends that hired DOC's and every one of them says it's the best money they spent!! I guess just carefully vet the coordinator and check reviews!

So good to have your mindset and want your family to be as stress free as you on your wedding day. I would have absolutely hired a DOC if my venue didn't include one

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics