Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol
Super March 2018 Ontario

Money box and gift table.

Carol, on August 23, 2017 at 09:49 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
We are having our wedding at a hall then could possible have 2 other weddings at the same time as ours in March, the receiving area is one large open space that is common to all of the rooms, separated by a decorative wall and decorative fencing. We will be having a Money box and a gift table. My question is where are other brides putting theirs and where should I out mine, as I'm a little leery of having it in this common area, even with the decorative dividers.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 10:38
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Put a pucture frame to know who's reception it is and that the money box is yours. If you're still leery, do ask your venue to put a table in another area rather than the common section.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a really good idea, and putting it near the table is good too. Thank you
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to ask the venue to put a small table right beside the head table (or in our case, the sweetheart table). That way we can keep an eye on it. I made my card box using 3 different sized boxes and gluing all the components together. Envelopes can go in the top but nobody can get them out without breaking the box. Do you think that would work for you?

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can't you have a small table in your room and keep it there? I will be putting a small padlock on mine just in case Smiley smile You can never be too careful.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a good idea too!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree - have it in your room and designate someone to watch over it while people are coming in. At my sister's wedding, my dad actually brought the cards back to their house after everyone had arrived so that they wouldn't have to worry about keeping an eye on them. He was gone for about 30 minutes and no one was any wiser!

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yea I would put it in your personal wedding room too! As much as you want to think people are smart enough and decent enough, you'd hate for some confusion to mess it up
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to comment exactly what Alexa said haha. I would do that if that was my situation too
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a good idea. Thank you
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would put it in the room you are actually in and put a sign beside gift table stating Carol and blank Wedding. That way guests do not get confused with someone else's wedding gift table.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics