Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie December 2022 Ontario

moh Responsibilities - Should i have 2?

Ashley, on October 26, 2020 at 14:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
I'm asking my cousin to be my MOH but she currently lives in New Brunswick and just recently decided not to move back to Ontario, as she had planned. I think this arrangement is going to make it very difficult for her to do certain things. For instance, I started my search for a wedding dress this weekend and I asked my BFF to come with me, who I've asked to be a bridesmaid. However, I think this situation is going to continue where my MOH can't assist and I'd be asking my BFF to step in. I intended to ask my MOH to liase with my BFF as her point of contact for assistance in Ontario. I really didn't want two MOH but I also realize it's very unfair to ask my BFF to take on so much more work than any of the other bridesmaids and basically fill in the gaps of the role of MOH. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!(including telling me to suck it up and have two MOHs!)

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 4, 2020 at 11:22
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can have as many MOHs as you want. Its nice to have your BFF step in as she does know you for the longest time besides your cousin. She would be helpful given you two do get things done together as a team for other projects.

Your cousin and BFF can work together to make arrangements as purchases can be made and events being coordinated to their efforts.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think your bff will mind. It’s fun to be involved as long as it’s reasonable. Plus really how many jobs does a maid of honour do that’s beyond anyone else in the wedding party? Aside from planning a bachelorette I don’t think there’s anything that you exclusively have the moh do
  • A
    Newbie December 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're right, they are just titles! I suppose that's the other struggle. I have NOT yet decided what I want everyone to do. I don't intend to be a DIY bride so I hope to not need much help (physically) but perhaps actually writing out what I anticipate needing help with might actually help sort this out more, instead of the jumble of things in my brain. Thank you!
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well, it’s just a title. Your best friend can still be a bridesmaid and help you browse etc.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The beauty of it is they’re just titles, you can keep things as they are if you want to and just be clear with everyone involved. Your current MOH can still plan other things from NB like showers or bachelorette parties (given covid calms down) or help you with venting or organization. Have you decided what you want your MOH and party to do? That might help with seeing who can do what and how that affects things.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics