Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick

Mixing up colours a bit

Amanda, on March 6, 2018 at 16:00 Posted in DIY 0 8

So, my wedding is on September 29th, and my colours are rust and champagne. However, when I was buying the ton of silk flowers that I did... I got a little carried away with the fall colour scheme (bought a lot of reds that I though I was going to mix in). Of course when I did my first bouquet (with a few reds) I found it really confused the main colour scheme (the harsh reds kind of muted the rust and champagne colours) so I removed the reds, redid the bouquet and now I love it.

The problem is, I have A LOT more DIY flower arrangements to do (namely, centerpieces (4), backdrop (2 LARGE), and where the swags of tulle gather going down stairs --- probably 2-3)

So my question is... I have the bouquets and boutonnieres done in my main colours, but I'm starting to run out... and if I spend ANY more money on flowers I'm probably going to puke.

In your opinion(s) would it be unforgivable (from a decorative standpoint) to now mix some of my unused reds in my lesser important arrangements? Or should I suck it up and order more of the oranges and beiges?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on March 7, 2018 at 20:35
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much! Apart from some serious anxiety, there's really nothing to them :p
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your arrangements look great! I am so impressed, I don't think I could do that.

I think you can mix in the reds to the other arrangements without a problem at all. I say go for it!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great job! These look really nice!

I think you can use the leftover reds in your other arrangements. Not everything has to be exactly the same at a wedding! They will great with some red in them!

• Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think as long as the additional colours compliment your overall colour scheme it’s totally ok!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think you have to have everything in your wedding colors. For instance, our wedding colors are silver and eggplant. We ended up mixing in some rose gold and pinks.

Our reception has pink with a bit of purple flowers and we have rose gold sequin table cloths. As long as everything is complimentary you will be fine Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They don't seem to photograph as good as they should. I'm blaming the lighting :p

Mixing up colours a bit 1

Mixing up colours a bit 2

Mixing up colours a bit 3
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Teehee I was hoping I could show them off a bit Smiley smile

One moment Smiley laugh

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have any pictures of the items you have made? I'd love to see them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics