Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Mixed responses from vendors on postponing wedding date

Jennifer, on January 19, 2021 at 13:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hi everyone,
I am getting mixed responses from my vendors regarding postponing my June wedding. Some want me to wait until as long as possible to push it in hopes that it can go ahead, others want to know soon so they can plan accordingly. We’ve been wanting to postpone for a long time now but our venue won’t let us until 8 weeks before the date. How is everyone else dealing with postponing their spring 2021 weddings, if that’s what you’re doing?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on January 22, 2021 at 09:50
  • J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it is certainly a difficult time for all vendors and couples right now. Thank you, Vinod!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venues and vendors may not know what is to come upon these times as some want to be prepare ahead of time while some wait to hear any further updates. It would be good of the venue to say yes its now safe to proceed or give you the option to the dates to postpone when possible accepting your request. I do hope they make the change possible.

• J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so sad! We will probably also end up on a Friday, hopefully they even have those left when they finally let us postpone. Definitely unfair, especially as they continue to take deposits for new weddings without dealing with their existing couples.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our venue has already said that all their weekends for Spring/Summer/Fall 2022 are booked Smiley sad We don't want to postpone to 2023, so we are thinking that we will accept a Friday or other weekday wedding at this point. So frustrating and it feels so unfair since they're still cashing in our cheque deposits!

• J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so frustrating! We’re pretty much in the same boat with the venue. It’s the biggest deposit and also the vendor I’m least willing to give up. I’m starting to panic too because I’m told they have very few dates left for 2022 already. Same as you, we know we want to postpone, waiting isn’t helping anyone! It’s crazy to make everyone change plans so last minute. I’m meeting with my venue this weekend so I’m going to try again to change it but it probably won’t help. I hope it all works out for you!!
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having the same issue, but literally ONLY with my venue which is the most important for rescheduling... The deposit was ginormous, and they're saying I have to wait 60 days prior to the wedding to reschedule. I emailed all my other vendors and told them the situation, and they're ok with waiting til that late for me to notify them. A few have small fees for the postponement, but I knew that when I signed the contract during COVID and they had a clause in there.

At first I was really angry and frustrated. I sent a few strongly worded emails and was very upset about the situation, since I told them that no matter what happens we are likely going to postpone this year since we want to have 200 people and be able to dance, etc. It didn't matter in the end though, so we're stuck waiting til 60 days prior and have just accepted it. I go through ups and downs about it.

• J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My mom is immunocompromised so I’m not taking any risks with her health. Of course it’s up to everyone what amount of risk they are willing to take on but that is my choice.
  • A
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I dont think thats true, but its whatever you're comfortable with.

June is still 5 months away, lots can happen in 5 months. Last summer weddings were happening. My sister attended 2 weddings in september and said they were beautiful, everyone was safe and had a great time.. and that was before anyone was vaccinated.

• J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah I see what you mean, no the venue wants to wait and see, not us. Sadly, we know we can’t have our guests safely in June 2021.
  • A
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats great, postpone if you feel it will be safer in 2022!

I thought you were talking about guest counts because you said "Wait and see if it can go ahead in 2021" as if you were talking about restrictions

• J
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Code green has the same restrictions as stage 3 “absent a widely available vaccine”. We will have a widely available vaccine by September in Ontario. I’m wanting to postpone to 2022. I don’t care how many people I can have, I just want it to be safe.
  • A
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you postpone, you will likely still be held to 100 outdoors or 50 indoors next year since code green also has these limits

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics