Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janelle
Curious September 2019 Manitoba

Mixed feelings

Janelle, on July 9, 2018 at 03:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Hello everyone just need to get my thoughts out thier I feel like I'm that crazy girl already planning our wedding technically we r not engaged I know when and where he bought the ring and that thiers 15 or so that's seen the ring (close family members) (him showing it off Smiley smile ) which I don't mind but the anticipation is killing me he says he wants the proposal to be perfect ( and waiting to get the expenses in order for his plan ) but I can't help but feel bad for jumping the gun and starting to make plans.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Calla, on July 11, 2018 at 05:36
  • C
    Curious June 2024 British Columbia
    Calla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not crazy at all- I think its smart if you know its coming so you are prepared with ideas on what you want and aprox. costs. Enjoy the process before and after the proposal Smiley smile

• Ashley
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg I’m in the exact same boat as you. But the thing is I’ve been planning my wedding long before he bought the ring lol! I’ve even started buying a few things. I feel just as crazy as you but it makes me feel better knowing I’m not the only one. I’m so excited for him to propose and to wear that gorgeous ring
  • H
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was already planning as soon as i found out he had bought a ring. I just didnt do any booking or making decisions til after we got engaged.
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha I had an entire Pinterest boarded and most of the ideas I wanted for our wedding 2+ years before we got engaged lol. I feel as women we always have this perfect idea of what we want long before it even comes into play. I’ve even had my dream dress on our dream bored for years. I couldn’t imagine the anticipation you must be feeling, can’t wait to see a post when it happens about how he did it Smiley smile

Ps keep on secretly planning, it to much fun not to lol 😂
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looked at dress options before I was engaged but like you I also knew he had a ring and was just waiting for the right time. Other then looking at ideas for themes and dresses for myself and my bridal party I tried not to do too much. I also didn't make any decisions I just looked at ideas.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re planning a wedding based on our adult agreement to get married. We haven’t gotten a ring as yet but plan to in the near future.

Do you. Nobody else. Enjoy the process.

• Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Janelle you do you! You know it's happening, no harm in getting things ready! I am not engaged yet either but I'm already looking at venues and contacting people. I've been keeping my soon to be fiance in the loop and he says he's totally fine with me doing so. We're going to go out and see venues, and still, we are not engaged. It's happening, he's just like your man, waiting for the perfect moment to propose so don't feel bad for jumping the gun!

Plus already know and contacting people makes it easier for the both of you, especially if you want a shorter engagement. You can get a grip on costs.

Having the ring doesn't mean a thing, as long as you both know you're going to marry and you pretty much know which date you want to be married then keep on planning!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the others. I was planning my wedding since I was young... I have had pinterest boards almost the entire time we were bf/gf (5 years!)...
    Honestly we talked about getting married for over 3 years before we finally got engaged. We even went and looked at wedding venue in Arizona last September with my dad on a family vacation... and didn't get engaged til December!!!
    Just dont make final, official decisions without him. But definitely browse, do your research, etc. Also be open to all of that changing once its official! We ended up with a bunch of things I never expected. Your guy's opinion will change things too.
  • Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did the same thing too and got yelled at by my bridal party...I think it really doesn't matter what other people think! Whatever makes you happy and organized for your big day!

• Janelle
    Janelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't even know where to begin with a budget lol but thanks Clarissa for your advice

Lol that would be super crazy if that where to happen Erin but we both are making decisions together so far they are a few that we have gotten threw thanks Erin
    Thanks Leanne thier is so much that goes on in a wedding I love planning special events I think I go a little to far on birthdays lol I wish that was my job I can not wait to see the ring for the proposal and call him my fiance thanks again Leanne
    Thanks Tori I also have a pinstrest board for our wedding now I love that app and also this one how did you propose?

Thank you Vinod I like being one step ahead and I kinda gotta reel in some ideas I have since I'm not made of money lol

Thank you Joey I love this app being able to talk to others and such a positive atmosphere makes me feel really good and I will post pics and or comments of the proposal once it happens Smiley smile
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's never too early to gather your thoughts about what you like and don't like, browse beautiful ideas, and talk to us here on WeddingWire! I think it is sweet you're so excited and I can't wait to hear about your proposal once it happens!

• Janelle
    Janelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Gina makes me feel alot better 😀
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your staying one step ahead and waiting to start planning. Don't feel bad, just let it happen naturally.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had a pinterest board for my wedding since it came out when I was 12! Having ideas of the colour scheme and what you want it to be like and everything is fine for anyone! But like the others said - don't plan it to a T and I wouldn't be calling any venue's for prices either. You can look online and see what is out there but if I found out that my FH had been researching before i proposed to him I would have been a little sad that I was left out just because I was busy making the proposal so special. (I know that I am also a female though so our emotions would differ a little.)

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At least you know it's coming! I got to a point where I didn't know if we would ever get engaged because he used to always joke that he wanted to be common law knowing very well that I wanted to get married - turns out it was part of his whole plan to surprise me.

I wouldn't feel bad about starting to plan - There is a lot that goes into wedding planning, so if you can get a head start, go for it!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't worry about it too much unless you plan the whole wedding and say to your BF, once you're engaged, "here this is the wedding". I think that he should help make some of the decisions as well.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well its fine to be brainstorming and starting to look at options as that takes a lot of time. Start to feel out costs in your area for things you like and see what kind of a budget you would be looking at.
    I wouldn’t go booking any wines and vendors just yet. You want to be working together as you make those final decisions and make sure your on the same page for size and budget.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are people that plan their wedding before they even meet their partner! Lol. Don’t feel bad! Enjoy the planning process. I wouldn’t worry to much about it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics