Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Minimoon or no Honeymoom

Sarah, on April 5, 2020 at 22:02 Posted in Honeymoon 0 11
So unfortunately we are really tight financially, we can’t afford to have a honeymoon and wedding in the same year
Does anyone have ideas for affordable minimoons? Or what to do for one?
Getting married week after thanksgiving

11 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 11, 2020 at 10:24
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think just getting away for a weekend, maybe Air B&B or hotel would be nice. That way you have that feeling of "escape" while being together and enjoying only yourselves.

• Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would highly recommend Village Vacances Valcartier in Quebec. You can enjoy the waterpark, the spa, restaurants etc. at that time of year. Or, if you hold off until December, you can also go snow-tubing outside and enjoy all of the holiday decorations. I've been there twice and love it. The hotel rooms are gorgeous and upon check-in we were given free tickets for glasses of wine at the pool-side bar.

With that being said, I don't think we will be going on our honeymoon for at least 6 months after the wedding.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are aren't having our honeymoon until the year after. For our one year anniversary.

• Emma
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I planned our honeymoon in August due to work, so for our mini-moon we drove to Wakefield, Quebec the night we got married and stayed in a cute little Bed and Breakfast style hotel. We had a private room with our own hot tub, a fireplace, and a kitchenette with a full breakfast in the fridge for us to make each morning. The town was very small but we were still able to walk around and get ice cream and enjoy a patio lunch. We splurged and went to a fancy restaurant for dinner. We spent two nights there and, being a small town, it was so nice to just relax and enjoy each other's company. I would highly recommend doing something like that!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice, I feel a lot of pressure to go on a big honeymoon, i love travelling but financial it just isn't in the cards
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We rented an Airbnb with a hot tub and cable and just hung out for a week. Ate out at different restaurants, bought some different groceries than we normally would.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Niagara falls and do air bnb or PEI country or kingston you can do 1000 island boat tour!!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the ideas,

I do love the east coast, went to uni in NB and have family all over. however, we want to bring our bulldog (bulldogs can't go on planes), which means we have to drive. Plus have alot of family in NLFD and I would feel bad not going to see them which would add another big expense of the ferry. Definitely something to think about though

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the ideas

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like I mentioned in the last post about a mini moon - here is what we did in MB for our mini-moon:
    luxury hotel room, comedy show, cirque du soleil show, thermea (spa), and of course dining out and bar hopping Smiley smile

I know that is only MB and October of 2019 - but those are the things that we did.

Highly recommend going to a comedy show and a spa though! Plus the massages are covered in some insurances (so they were mostly covered through mine).

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Sarah,

It really depends on how far you want to travel and what kinds of things you love to do.
    I've heard of couples escaping to a lakeside cabin for a few days, if you want some peaceful time after all the wedding stress this could be great. This could mean snuggling near a fire in the evenings or spending all day hiking depending on what you're into.
    You might want to do a spa weekend. Or if you are foodies a weekend in the city checking out amazing restaurants.
    If you're willing to leave Ontario, the maritimes are gorgeous in the fall. Thanksgiving is the peak weekend for the leaves and tourist season is winding down but things are still open. You can get cheap flights from Toronto to Halifax and rent a car to see NS, NB, and PEI in a few days.
    We've been thinking about Quebec City for a mini moon, or a full honeymoon to Banff. Our plan is to stay in Canada to keep our money closer to home after the economy takes a hit from covid.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics