Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amber
Newbie April 2019 Ontario

Mexico wedding

Amber, on October 24, 2017 at 18:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi all! We are doing a destination wedding and am fairly certain we’re going to go to Mexico! I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and can suggest an all inclusive resort! Looking forward to hearing some suggestions!!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Gabby, on February 8, 2018 at 02:31
  • Gabby
    Newbie July 2019 Nayarit
    Gabby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!

I’m Mexican and certainly you’ll love your wedding there, plus Mexican peso currency is a great benefit for you to have a beautiful wedding without expending so much!

Cheers,

Gabby
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Family Friendly or 18+ ?

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ive been to mexico countless times. On the resort you are extremely safe. Ive been off resort many times and its really quite safe. Same rules as home, don't act like a fool and dont flaunt cash.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be very leery of having the wedding in Mexico. Too many incidents have happened to tourists there that I don't even want to visit. I don't want to be negative but you would be wise to google crime against tourists and inform yourself.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You might want to check out Mexico's western coast, places like Los Cabos. It is a drier climate and also not as packed with tourists. I have been to one resort there but depending on your budget it may not work. It is called One and Only La Palmilla. Beautiful resort!

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All I can say is be prepared for disappointment from people you would love to be there that wont be able to either take time of work or pay to attend your wedding in Mexico. I know a few people that regret having a destination wedding because a lot of people held it against them or couldn't make it.

but with that being said it is your day and if you can make it work - power to you Smiley smile a beautiful hotel that we recently vacationed at was called The Grand Sirenis. It was lovely Smiley heart

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our friends had their wedding at the Iberostar Quetzal in Playa del Carmen. It was a gorgeous resort, great food & service, and the wedding was beautiful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics