Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emmaandjenn
Beginner August 2017 British Columbia

Mermaid blues

Emmaandjenn, on January 15, 2017 at 18:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Jenn and i want the theme of our wedding to be mermaids. we also want the colour of the floral arangements and decorations to be Tardis blue because shes obsesed with Dr. Who. Our rings are already Tardis blue sapphire.

Any brides have cute ideas how to incorperate these two ideas into a SS wedding

8 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on January 16, 2017 at 15:43
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was trying to find this article I saw the other day of someone doing a Disney wedding and each table was a different story, and the Little Mermaid table was amazing! Subtle and beautiful... and of course I can't find it now!!

I did come across this though, it had a lot of really cool mermaid things https://www.buzzfeed.com/mallorymcinnis/mermaid-to-be-together?utm_term=.cv0XX304jq#.udbnnKArBY

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1- Doctor Who is amazing, so big points for that.

2- There is SO MUCH you can do for a mermaid theme! I think Lisa's idea for coloured tulle is great Smiley love

What about coloured ribbons woven into your hair? Or serious glitter make up? (one of my deepest loves!)

Lindsay is on to somehting with bubbles and shells too...it is so fantasy romantic I'm jealous!

Maybe the cake can look like a beach that the TARDIS has landed on (but not Bad Wolf Bay, that is sad)?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emma! Nice to meet you! Smiley heart That's such an amazing idea! I love your theme! You could take a look at these discussions for ideas with a beach or mermaid style:

Disney Wedding: The Little Mermaid

10 desserts for a beach wedding

10 ideas for beach wedding style

You know you can also create two seperate accounts and join them to share your planning tools. That way, you could both participate in the community Smiley smile

Will you both wear mermaid style dresses for the wedding?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ya I would like to incorporate floating pearls in my Centrepieces. That might work well for the mermaid theme too! Great idea Lindsey!
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm picturing two pretty mermaids as a cake topper! Also, incorporating bubbles somehow, either actual bubbles to blow after the ceremony or for send off or sugar bubbles on the cake. Also pearls and shells on the table or as part of the centerpiece.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooh Valerie I like the table name idea!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I think having subtle touches of these things is best. You can have a Tardis card box and cake topper (there are some really great ones on Etsy). You could have tables named after Doctors. Like Lisa said, the possibilities are endless!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!!!!! First I needed to google TARDIS Blue lol It's a great colour!
    There are so many things that you could do, from floral centrepieces, incorporating linens, to DIY projects! If your gowns end up having tulle, you could dye the tulle underneath and have a sneak peak of colour! My sister in law did it in pink and it was super cute!
    What's your budget like? Do you want to do most of it yourselves or are you planning on hiring and renting decor?
    Possibilities are endless really.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics