Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Menu Tasting!

Stephanie, on February 19, 2018 at 01:17 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

We went to our venue for a taste test tonight! We are very pleased with the food there! We will be doing a buffet with two meat options, a couple sides, a couple salads, rolls, desserts. Today though, we tried mostly the main dishes.

They served us 5 different chicken dishes, 4 different fish, 2 pork and 2 beef options as well as three sides. We were stuffed by the end of it!

Most of the dishes were gluten free and dairy free (which I cannot eat anyway, so that was great!) They did let us take the leftovers home which was great but we won't be allowed to do that on the wedding night.

Anyone else have their tasting yet? How did it go? I think this was my favourite part of the planning process so far!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on February 20, 2018 at 18:21
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a tasting option at our venue!! Smiley sad

We can visit the restaurant associated with it for other functions and see the quality of food, but we can't taste our specific menu options.

However!! The one reoccurring comment on every single review of our venue is the phenomenal food, so we are fingers crossed that we will have the same opinions as everyone else!!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We enjoyed our tasting when wr had gone last year early April. We had to include a second option to try for the vegetarian.

Our menu was 4 courses last August as for dinner:

Mixed geen Salad
    Carrot Ginger soup
    Garlic Herb Grilled Chicken
    Mushroom Rissotto (Veg)
    Crème Brulée

Kids meal:
    Chicken fingers w/ fries
    Vanilla Ice Cream

• Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Had my tasting and i was very pleased with food. like you we are having a buffet but our venue does things a little different. we have chicken, roast, and a vegetarian pasta as well as salad, bread and dessert.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to do our tasting next month but our vendor has changed how they do tastings and we now go theee months before our wedding. I thought this was too close to the wedding to decide on the menu but maybe it’s just me... I’m trying to go earlier
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is a restarant so they are really flexible on when we do tastings. We went last month with my dad and his partner as they are contributing to the wedding.

One of the reasons we picked this place, is because we went there for dinner to celebrate our engagement and the food is PHENOMENAL .. like seriously. The tasting was great, so much food and I can't wait to eat all the food.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue does official tastings on site twice a year with one of the caterers they work with. So couples getting married may-june-july 2018 had the choice of October. August-september-october 2018 have the choice of may this year. Since this caterer was the one we wanted, we went in October. We weren't missing it.

We were so excited as it was the first time we say the venue since we first saw it that may. The food was amazing!! I had the chicken breast with apple BBQ sauce, Cajun rice and roasted veggies. My FH had filet mignon with mushroom sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. We switched halfway through our meal, both options were amazing! So happy we went with this caterer.

We chose to do buffet style rather than sit down meal. Everything will be BBQ style. Can't wait!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness!! I'm impressed you made it through.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We almost did need a wagon! We were told at the beginning there would be a lot of protein, but even the event coordinator didn't know how many dishes the chef had prepared! We were told "last dish" and there was actually 2 more!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that was a great idea! Most people have the wrong idea about vegan food so pictures would definitely help ease the uneasiness!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were originally told two months before the wedding we could go in for the tasting. But, then they introduced the 2018 menu and changed how they do tastings. Now, they offer them once a month. We ended up going this month because my fiancé had it off. He works two Sundays a month and only knows his schedule a month in advance. We didn't want to risk not being able to go together, so we went now.

I would check with your caterer when they offer their tasting! My friend was able to do a tasting before she booked a venue (and ended up not choosing that venue because they didn't like the food!)

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m looking forward to my tasting so much now! It’s not going to be until next year tho 🙁
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like I would have needed a wagon to go home!!! I am glad the tasting went well. I remember when we did ours and it was super fun!

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our tasting a few weeks ago. The salad we selected was delicious, I could have eaten that all day. For the mains, my FH tasted the Vegetarian lasagna and I tasted our Vegan braised tofu tangine. FH loves the lasagna, I asked for a bit more seasoning in the tomato sauce on the Tangine. For dessert they provided two vegan chocolate deserts to choose between. I wasn’t a fan of either but we ended up selecting this fudge like cake. Not too many dessert options that are vegan there. We’ll have our cake later though which I’m totally looking forward to.

We are are getting married in April. We probably could have put off doing our tasting a bit later, but I wanted early February as work gets very busy for me through February into the first half of March. Plus I wanted to be able to put pictures of our food options on our website since a lot of our guests are probably nervous about a Vegetarian/Vegan wedding. Helps to see what they are getting.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That all sounds delicious! That’s very nice of them to allow you to take left overs home bc some vendors don’t let you.
    I haven’t tried our tasting yet. But I was wondering, how many months do you do that before your wedding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics