Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shana
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Menu rsvp after the Initial rsvp

Shana, on January 28, 2021 at 16:05 Posted in Tech support 0 11
Good Afternoon Everyone,

So I decided to send our Save The Date photo early along with our Wedding Wire URL via WhatsApp so that guests could stay up-to-date with regards to the pandemic. However, people started indicating that they would be joining via the RSVP tab, which was great, but one guest also indicated their food choice. Being that we have not yet decided on the menu, I removed the menu RSVP option. Will I be able to add it later on? Will our guests have to RSVP all over again, or can they simply tell us what they want to eat if I can add that feature once we decide?
Thank you in advance.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Tasha, on February 3, 2021 at 22:02
  • T
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so very much!
  • Shana
    Shana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Vinod,

Sorry about the delay. Thank you for clarifying!

• Shana
    Shana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Tasha,

Thank you for reaching out. It is funny how that option is just available without even realizing it. With that said, in order to remove that feature, click "Guest List" under the "Planning Tools" section. Next, click "Wedding" then "Menu". From there I was able to delete the menu, but I do not exactly remember how since I no longer have it anymore. I believe that I just clicked all of the food options, right-clicked them each and selected "Remove".

Hope that helps!

• T
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! I have a question I am hoping you can answer. I have noticed that when guests RSVP, they can choose their menu. However, for our wedding we are doing a buffet, so the guests don't actually have a choice. How do I remove the option of menu choice when they RSVP? Thank you!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The website doesn't allow you to go back to add the meal choices after guests have replied to attend to clearify.
  • Shana
    Shana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Vinod,

I'm not sure if I understood the first part, but I will definitely consider having my guests email me and include it in the formal invitations as well.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The RSVP meals choices if it locks on you or not able to go back for responding may be tough to set up again. The invitation should always have the link set for the information and RSVP though they didn't realize this part.

It seems best to ask your guests to email you instead with the meal choices as they have made their response ahead of time so you know what they will have for dinner. This should be included on the invitations when going out as for those who have RSVP'd already.

• Shana
    Shana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sara,

Thank you! Unfortunately, it's too late for that. My instructions on the home page were to RSVP since the site was meant to be shared closer to the wedding. I forgot that I requested this when I shared the URL to keep guests informed due to the pandemic. Worst case scenario, I send a menu card with the formal invitations or make them RSVP again at a later time. With that said, it seems that the response from Hank makes me believe that they can RSVP for the menu at a later time.
  • Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would lock the RSVP tab for now until you have everything set and know about your allowed guest count and menu options! You can do this directly in the website builder. This way, people can still access your website, but won't be able to RSVP until actual invitations go out and you're ready!
  • Shana
    Shana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Hank,

Thank you! I'll give that a try.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, you just have to go into "Guests" under Planning Tools and set it up there. Ideally you get them to go in and make their choice so it's all in one place but as long as you have everyone's info to send to the venue, how you do it is up to you.

It's a lot easier to do this on a computer web browser than the app, btw.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics