Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alie
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Memorial ideas

Alie, on March 31, 2019 at 20:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
So my mom passed away recently and we have a few other family members that are no longer with us. We are looking at remembrances for on the big day. Any ideas?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on April 2, 2019 at 12:02
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made a sign that was with the guest book and was part of the speech to remember husbands parents' along with everyone in the family that was sitting to know that they were remembered.

Memorial ideas 1

In the speech, I did say I also thank those in the stars above watching us on this day along with husbands parents. You can put your moms name or the individuals names that you want to have remembered for your wedding.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having them on their own cocktail type table and in frames with a little something said

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on having their pictures on the guest book/ card table with some forget me not flowers Smiley smile I may even have a locket of them on my bouquet as well.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 8 family members that we are doing for memorials at the wedding, I have bought tiny frames from Michaels that we have filled with small pictures of each family member and then the frames will be hanging off my bouquet.

After the ceremony/photos I plan to have my bouquet on display in the reception with all of the photographs with a small note beside!

• Alie
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its outdoors mostly for the ceremony and reception. So im not sure how the candle idea would go. But the flower on the chair is a great idea.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry for your loss Smiley heart

For my own wedding, I'm sorta debating between two ideas here:

1) a small bouquet of flowers left on the first seat (either side). The officiant would mention the meaning of the bouquet and ask for a moment of silence.

2) have a candle lit on the gift table, with a note saying that the candle is in honour of our family members that are not with us today.

• Alie
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That table idea i never heard about. It sounds so sweet.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a remembrance table for our receiving line with pictures of our loved ones who are no longer with us.

I have also heard of people reserving seats at the ceremony and reception for parents, grandparents or siblings who have passed. I think this is a very sweet idea!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics