Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kat
Curious September 2018 Manitoba

Mc.....a must??

Kat, on August 8, 2018 at 09:09 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
Hey everyone! So the wedding is just 30 days away!!! We still don't have an MC. We have asked a couple people however they did not feel comfortable. Do we need one? What all do they really do? Can I get the DJ to do it? Please help I'm a bit lost!!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 8, 2018 at 21:08
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask your DJ to do that portion if he's good with it. Have your reception timing and music list to provide over to him.
  • Kat
    Curious September 2018 Manitoba
    Kat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow thank you so much everyone I'm very overwhelmed and pleased with all the responses!!!
  • Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think I have attended a wedding without an MC before...I think MC is important as they ensure the flow of the event, by informing the guests about what is happening. I have to find two MC which is even more challenging, one that will do it in English and one that will do it in Cantonese for my non-English speaking family members.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your DJ can do it!! We don’t have a DJ so we have a MC
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just had my wedding and my husbands grandpa was our mc.. he’s also very Newfie so there were afew awkward moments because people couldn’t understand him and he was reading off of a paper.. he hesitated on our entrance after saying “mr and mrs...” big long pause trying to read... and finished with “Evan Austin” after twenty plus seconds haha. So technically I didn’t get introduced, My husband was really firm about wanting him to MC and his grandparents are super sweet so it is what it is, but my advice is definitely find an MC, theyre the best way to keep your guests in the loop and they’ll also help to get people laughing and pull it all together. They’ll announce your arrival, each person by name, same with speeches, the order of everyone heading up to dinner if it’s buffet, just general knowledge and make sure that no one feels awkward not knowing what’s going on.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s a good idea to have an MC to make announcements, call tables up to eat ( if it’s buffet), introduce speeches and the first dance. Most DJs will be able to do this.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ will do it free of charge with their service. However, I am going to get bridal party members to run the games and introduce each other for speeches. Our DJ will be the MC for calling table numbers for dinner, announcing cake cutting, dance floor open, etc...

Maybe get a bit of a compromise? Find someone who is willing to do some of the more personal things? Then get your DJ to do most of it.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ serviced offered MCing as an add-on, which is what we went with

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don't have any extroverted, outgoing friends willing to step up to the plate then I would ask your DJ if they would be willing to do it. Although be sure to do all the prep work for them as they won't know your family (any birthdays or anniversary acknowledgements, quirks about the couple, any inside jokes that aren't so inside?)

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard of DJs offering this service! My MC will just be introducing each speech and keeping the reception on track!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics