Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie May 2022 British Columbia

May 22, 2022 - Sunday Wedding

Christina, on September 4, 2021 at 00:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 12
Anyone else gotten married on the Sunday of a long weekend?
We’re almost 100% on the Sunday of May long weekend. We like the date (it’s a numbers thing lol) and although we originally booked and rescheduled previously for fall dates we’ve said F it and let’s go with a spring date and just do it!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 6, 2021 at 13:19
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sundays are a great day too for weddings and guests to enjoy a nice weekend to get Mondays off as a day to relax. We got married on a Friday afternoon to enjoy the evening of dancing and sleeping in Saturday.

I

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope your planning is going well for you as well Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! We're all done planning we only have to get our suits and my dress needs to be altered. Other then that everything is just a waiting game for us now! Since we were supposed to get married in August 2020 and then August 2021 everything was pretty much done except for a few odd ends. Now we can't wait for August 2022 to come!

• C
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome that you were able to snag a date! With all the reschedules the availability is definitely scarce. Good luck with planning!
  • C
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Friday weddings are fabulous! We’re happy with our date and hope it all goes as smoothly as possible. Good luck with your planning!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think Sundays are a great day to get married! My fiance and I are also having our wedding on a Sunday after postponing twice. We were hoping to have the Saturday but every Saturday next summer in July and August were already full and since the same weekend was available for the Sunday we decided to snatch it up and we got a discount on it as well for booking it on a Sunday!

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I’ve heard there’s such a backlog of weddings that people are getting married every day of the week in the year/s ahead. We’re doing it on a Friday - So much easier on the budget Smiley winking I say, do what works best for you - It’s your day after all, everyone who genuinely wants to be there will make it work!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely recommend doing that if you can!
  • C
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh good call on that!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it should be okay too! Especially with a Sunday wedding as they aren't as common! I think access to the venue for decor could be the biggest struggle if the venue you want has a Saturday wedding that weekend too. We booked our venue for the whole weekend so we have all day Saturday to set up!
  • C
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that’s what we’re hoping for too (discounts!)
    My parents were also married May long weekend so I like it for that reason too.
    Our original date was 10.10.20 and for next year we literally went through the entire calendar looking for a 22.22 date. Sunday it is! The only concern I have at the moment is confirming some vendors - hair, flowers etc. and access to the venue for decor. With all the covid couple rescheduling and wedding planning going crazy for the next couple years I think it should be ok. Good luck with your planning!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also getting married that day! We also picked it cause we liked the numbers of the date! I originally never would have considered a Sunday wedding or a May wedding honestly. But one of my coworkers was telling me how he got married on May long weekend and it was so great cause everyone got an extra day to travel. Sometimes you can also get vendor discounts for Sunday weddings!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics