Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eryn
Curious September 2022 Ontario

Matching my Bridesman to my Bridesmaids?

Eryn, on July 16, 2021 at 19:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
Hey everyone! I don’t exactly have a lot of female friends for my side of the party and I’ve been trying to figure out how I can get my best friend - who’s my only bridesman - to match my bridesmaids and wanted some opinions! The colour for their dresses is going to be a dark red colour and I’m trying to figure out if it would blend him in more to have a matching suit to the colour or follow what the groomsmen will be doing with a matching tie, pocket, etc.??? 🤔 I think it might be difficult to find a red suit to match and might be simpler to just match with accessories???

My wedding isn’t until September 10th, 2022 so I have some time to think about it still but never too early to plan ahead! 😂

6 Comments

Latest activity by Eryn, on July 17, 2021 at 12:12
  • Eryn
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I’ll definitely check them out! ☺️
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you're renting, check out Andrew's Formals on Eglinton West. Traffic is a gong show right now due to the LRT construction but they have tons of options for coloured dinner jackets.
  • Eryn
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would definitely be asking to rent any suit rather than buy as I know they don’t have a lot of money for buying a custom suit and also the fact I definitely wouldn’t want someone to drop a lot of money on what’s basically a one time use suit. Lol. And I didn’t know that about the pocket square and tie! Thanks for the heads up! ☺️
  • Eryn
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think the groomsmen are just going to go with regular 3 piece black suit with a red tie and white shirt. Nothing too fancy on that end to be honest!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're asking them to buy, I would go with the accessories and a regular suit. If you're renting, then you can go with the full red suit since he won't keep it anyway.

Another option if you want to buy but are absolutely wanting colour coordination on the suit is to get a red dinner jacket or sportscoat to pair with black trousers, like the last photo example Christiana posted. There's just very little use for a burgundy suit. If it's wool, it'll be expensive. If it's polyester, he'll suffocate wearing that thing all day long in an early September wedding.
    Don't 100% match the tie and pocket square as that's a big menswear no no. The only time that's acceptable is when someone is wearing white tie attire.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think doing something to distinguish him from the groomsmen would be nice so that it's clear he's a part of your bridal party! It doesn't have to be a matching suit (because I agree it's going to be hard to find!), but it doesn't need to match the groomsmen. But if you can somehow find a matching suit it looks really great! What are the groomsmen wearing?

Matching my Bridesman to my Bridesmaids? 1Matching my Bridesman to my Bridesmaids? 2Matching my Bridesman to my Bridesmaids? 3Matching my Bridesman to my Bridesmaids? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics