Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Matching bride and flower girl

JuneBride, on May 17, 2018 at 11:15 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

I was playing with the idea of the two flower girls having the same dress as me. I find it cute, but I might not do that because of their ages (3 & 4). What are your thoughts on matching bride and flower girl?

Mini meMatching bride and flower girl 1

Flower girl and ring bearer matching the bride and groomMatching bride and flower girl 2

MatchingMatching bride and flower girl 3

10 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on May 22, 2018 at 18:16
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks nice but don't love the idea. I would get maybe similar dresses but tweaks in them but I don't think I like the identical look.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't quite care for it either - the only way that I would have the flower girl(s) match me is if they were my own kids - but even at that they would probably have their own opinion of what they want to wear.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally am not a fan of it. especially because they have SO many cute flower girl dresses. but if you are doing a dress with a pop of color (like the top one), maybe get her a sash in that same color to be more matchy. or a sash in the color of the bridesmaid dresses.

• Sarah
    Beginner November 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some of those pictures of them matching are like mini-me, I want my flowers to have some lace on their dress as mine will have lace, but other then that I don't want two tiny 'mini-mes' running around, especially as they will already be too cute! Smiley tongue

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same! I was a flower girl many many years ago and I didn't match the bride (my aunt) at all. My dress was white and that's the only thing that matched, but it had embroidered flowers everywhere in different colours, the main one (teal) matching the bridesmaids.

However, if matching floats your boat, do it! I'm just not a fan personally Smiley winking

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! All the other pictures are cute but it's something about the mermaid dress that gets... creepy lol.

• J
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't think I'll do it. If I did it would be something like the first picture but that's not the syle I want. I want a mermaid or maybe trumpet style and I don't want them in that type of dress.
  • J
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah. I wouldn't do a fitted dress for the flower girls. I don't like seeing them in a mermaid dress.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My flower girl isn’t even wearing white. Haha. She’s close to matching the bridesmaids, but even then, she’s got her own look.

I’m personally not a fan of the flower girl matching the bride. But if you like it, you do you!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't like it! It's not that I wouldn't want to share my dress design with my flower girl, I just think it looks strange.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics