Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie July 2020 Nova Scotia

Matching Bouquets?

Kaitlyn, on July 22, 2018 at 19:14 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 18
What are people's thoughts/opinions on the brides bouquet matching the bridesmaid's bouquets? I plan on getting a bouquet that I really love, and am willing to spend the money to have what I want. For the bridesmaids, while I want them to have nice bouquets, it's not somewhere I'm putting a lot of my budget into. My questions really is, does the bride's bouquet have to match the bridesmaid bouquet (they will definitely coordinate if not matching), or does it not really matter? Thanks Smiley smile

18 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on January 26, 2019 at 15:11
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to have my bridesmaids bouquets the same as mine just minus the roses. This helped make them a little smaller, cheaper and still have them match mine. Their's will also have 60% white and 40% purple where my colour scheme will be the opposite.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine are not the same, mine is bigger and has more details. I like that mine is different.

• Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They definitely do not have to match! They should feature the same colours and a lot of the same flowers, but you're the bride, you get to splurge on your own bouquet!

• Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think that they have to match, as long as they coordinate I think that's okay because after all you are the bride so you can be unique in your bouquet!!

• C
    Curious June 2024 British Columbia
    Calla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine are going to be different- same sizes/texture but all greenery for the bridesmaids

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if I like them all to match, but I like them when they are coordinated well together. I don't think it matters, it depends on your style. I've seen them done all kinds of different ways, all matching, all different, only the bride with a different bouquet. It also depends on the theme of your wedding.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love the bouquet combination, looks very beautiful, totally goes well with the dresses as well!!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would have to go look for more pictures on my home computer.

Sunflowers, dahlias, cockscomb (celosia cristata), billy balls. I don't know what the purple ones are and the rest is just greenery I believe.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are gorgeous!! Do you have more pictures? Do you know what most of the flowers are called?
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It doesn't matter. My bouquet was bigger than my bridesmaids but it did match pretty well though I did have a few different flowers.

Matching Bouquets? 1

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bouquet was definitely more expensive!! My bridesmaids had smaller bouquets and I mine had different colored flowers:

Brides & Bridesmaids BouquetsMatching Bouquets? 2

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was similar in shape to the bridesmaids, but bigger. Same colours. But mine had some different flowers. I like when they are different but complement each other.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say either have the same shape, or the same types of flowers. Theirs can be much smaller, but it should look like they go together in set... yours being big and beautiful and bridal, theirs just shadowing yours slightly. They don't have to be exactly the same.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like Bianca said as long as they compliment each other they’ll be fine! Someone I know did a lovely bouquet for herself and then her girls had babies breath. Still looked great and cut down on the cost!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As long as they compliment each other, they're fine. They don't have to be matchy-matchy Smiley smile

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine won’t. So I’m going to say no. I know for the girls they will be mostly greenery with a few pops of white flowers. Mine well I haven’t decided yet.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It won't matter much to me Smiley smile I will always look back at the photos of me and my hubby but not the group photos. I think as long as they aren't completely different like red roses and tiger lilies then you're in the clear. But red roses and white roses are good.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics