Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador

Master of ceremonies

Meghan, on December 3, 2017 at 19:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
We chose a close mutual friend to be our MC. He’s really excited and I think he’s going to do a good job but none of us really know what his duties include. I know he will introduce us and the speeches but what else?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on December 4, 2017 at 20:39
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha your answer in much more detailed then mine! But very well written! Definitely a great explanation! I would go with yours out of all of ours 😂
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They take care of everything for the reception from giving directions to guests, to introducing speeches to keeping the flow going.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Introduce the wedding party, bride and groom, as they come in for the reception. Give any instructions for dinner, bar, dance (for example: when tables can go to buffet line, open bar, some tables will have to move to make room for dance floor). Building instructions, like where the washrooms are, smoking area. Introduce cake cutting. Sometimes they will do the shoe game with the bride and groom. I've seen skits done, or advice for the bride and groom. If there's an open mic, they would introduce that and keep that flowing. Introduce the kissing game (and encourage people to participate so that the bride and groom do kiss). If there's a slideshow, they can introduce that. Weddings I've been at, the MC has done everything until the dance, then the DJ takes over.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep the guests entertained through most of dinner, if you have traditions- carry though with them, basically keep things rolling and adding in things to make things special.

• Sarah
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm curious about this as well...my brother will be ours but I'm not sure what he does aside from introduce speeches. Our DJ said that they help lead the MC but it'd be nice to know ahead of time what to expect.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics