Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Married in 9 days!!!

Alyx, on September 21, 2022 at 00:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
I get married in nine days!!! 😳 I’m feeling alll the emotions lol. Also I can’t sleep anymore.. I just stay up thinking what needs to be done next 😬 I’m not unorganized, I’m on top of everything but I can’t stop thinking about everything I need to do or can’t forget! I have a checklist but I still can’t stop thinking about it and just fall asleep.. while my fiancé sleeps soundly lol

What are things you did or will do to help stay calm and stress free leading up?

Past brides, what is something you forgot to bring on your wedding day!! And any advise, tips or wisdom you have to share!!? 🤍🤍

10 Comments

Latest activity by Brittney, on September 25, 2022 at 18:12
  • B
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Remember that you are the only one who will knows how you planned the day exactly. If you forget a little detail, no one knows but you. And most importantly, enjoy the day!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If things pop in your head at night, put a small notepad and pen beside your bed and jot them down to look at the next day....

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally hear you about not being able to sleep but your FH sleeps soundly haha. I’m the day after you and I’m constantly thinking of things I need to do. It’s definitely worse at night when I’m trying to sleep!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried to be in the mindset of "this is it. Whatever happens, happens, and it's finally done" 😂 it helped. I did forget our invites and to give the photographer my engagement ring for our details photo! I also regret not reminding them to do photos at every table with us. That's on me.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't overthink! Your day will be perfect no matter what! I just didn't think about it too much so I wouldn't stress out! And don't worry if things don't go as planned on your wedding day!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so excited for you, it's going to be great and you will be absolutely beautiful. Try relaxing with a hot bath before bed, or relaxing music just to keep the stress down to give you a chance to sleep.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so amazing 💖💖💖 thank you!!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So exciting!

I remember constantly checking over my checklist a week before and anytime I would think of something new I would drop EVERYTHING and got write it down haha!

Some things I ALMOST forgot:

Lighter (to light the tea lights on the tables), scissors, ties (to help keep garland around welcome sign), air freshener spray for bathrooms because there was only two bathrooms in the event space. All in all you make a list and it helps and you do your best but things will still come up!

The band was suppose to arrive at 4pm but did not get there until 4:45pm (wedding started at 5pm) so a little stressful but they pulled it together and were playing when guests arrived. Caterer forgot stir sticks for coffee/tea so they were kind enough to notice right away, run out and pick some up.

Some advice if I could give is once people start to arrive, and you feel like everyone is genuinely there for the two of you and happy to celebrate you, the little things do not matter, the day goes on and flows and takes care of itself in the most beautiful way. I literally feel like our day was perfect even with the little hiccups and everyone else even felt the same way!

Enjoy every moment of the day because it goes by so so fast. You do so much planning and remember to enjoy all of your work and efforts on the day : )

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Continue to eat normally, stay hydrated, sleep properly, and don't stress on the day of if things don't go 100% to plan.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics