Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2018 Nova Scotia

Mani/pedi

Raylene, on November 20, 2017 at 15:02 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
I’ll be getting a Mani/Pedi and lash extensions for my wedding, my bachelorette AND bridal shower is the weekend before the wedding, would it be too early to get everything done the Friday before? (8 days prior) to the wedding? They could be touched up before hand if need be

9 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 16, 2017 at 21:37
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends how fast your nails grow. Mine grow out so fast I need to cut them almost every week. Ill prob go like 2 days before tops lol.

• Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re lash tech is good, 8 days before should be absolutely no problem. Be gentle with them, avoid getting them super soaked in the shower, comb them out, don’t wear a lot of other eye makeup, etc.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It definitely depends on the polish. I get my nails done and can go 4 weeks between appointments (mind you, they will look grown out, lol) but lash extensions I have no clue. I would call and ask the professionals who will be performing the services for you - they'll have the most accurate answer about timelines and how long the products last.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I suggest asking your spa lady as she would know best. I did mine 4 days before my wedding.

• Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know about lashes, but I agree for the nails. We are travelling for our wedding so I am getting my gel nails done 5 days before the wedding. I think it'll be fine! Plus on the bonus side, you get some time to get used to them so that you feel natural on the big day 👰🏼💅
  • A
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh neat. Then yes, doing it earlier should be fine.
  • R
    Beginner June 2018 Nova Scotia
    Raylene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m going to be getting acrylic nails, and and not too worried about our honey moon, our “official” honeymoon won’t be for a while after the wedding, we just took a week vacation together after the wedding to spend together and with bridal party that is coming from the other side of county!
  • A
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do it 2 to 3 days prior just in case your shellac chips. My eye Lash extensions start falling a week after. I'd say get those done 3 days prior too so that your lashes will still look good during your honeymoon.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure about lash extensions as I've never had them, but if you're getting shellac nails done I would say you'd be safe. They are meant to last at least 2.5 weeks usually. I took off my gel nails about 3 weeks after the wedding and they were still perfect even despite that I work with animals. (Usually with regular polish at my job it lasts literally a day lol)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics