Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

#MakeUpMonday - what's your pre-wedding skincare routine?

Joey, on December 10, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Beauty 0 16

It's another #MakeUpMonday! This week I want to kick things off with a talk about skincare. What are you doing to get your skin ready for all those wedding day photos, hugs, and romantic moments Smiley heart ? What’s your pre-wedding skin care routine? Is it different now that you're engaged, or have you kept the same routine you've always followed?

Are you ready to be this radiant? #MakeUpMonday - what's your pre-wedding skincare routine? 1

Photo from Sally & Nickolas's Quebec Wedding

16 Comments

Latest activity by Amber, on January 29, 2019 at 16:57
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really like the beauty calendar Idea, and will probably steal this for myself! Probably just do it in my bullet journal, but keeping track of it all in one place will be a good idea. Thanks for the idea!

• Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My skin is a little bit more on the sensitive side so I use a great line (cleanser and moisturizer) that helps on a daily basis. I also have a pink French clay mask that I'm obsessed with and will probably use a couple of days before the wedding just to help detox the skin and clean out my pores. Other than that I think trying not to add anything new to my skincare routine close to will be best. And adding more water.. that I need to work on!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made a beauty calendar for myself, for the final 6 weeks leading up to the wedding, haha... for things like Crest white strips, face masks, tanning days, beauty appointments, etc...

In terms of daily skin care... I suck. And I'm seriously considering making a trip to Sephora or Shopper's in the next couple days to get a couple items like exfoliation cleanser, toner, and some good day and night moisturizer.

I generally have really good skin, fortunately so, but there's the odd bump that comes up, and some skin tone evening out that I'd like to see happen (usually fixed with a bit of a tan though...)...

Someone on here shared a photo of exfoliating pads in a different discussion, and I can't remember what it was!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome thanks! I literally have the best skin, I'm so lucky.. it's just that one pesky little buggar! I'll definitely get some arnica cream
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bought the mask with a gift card. but even without one. at 10 bucks. I figured why not try it.

the recommended caffeine solution 5%, niacinamide 10% + zinc 1%, and natural moisturizing factors + HA.

I think i'm gonna try the niacinamide for the blemish/redness. and I just recently purchased eye cream. so i'm not wasting it. hahaha They just emailed back yesterday. so haven't purchased yet.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe try a pore minimizing cream now. and use daily. just to try and offset the stress factor.

does it feel tender like a bruise? if that's the case. get arnica cream (in the health food section). and you put a bit of that on with a warm compress (I use a facecloth that I ran under super warm water). this stuff is the BEST at getting rid of bruising.

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve tried to drink more water (best thing you can do for your skin). I moisturize twice a day and I’ve started exfoliating once or twice a week. I also avoid wearing much makeup except for a tinted moisturizer.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've never done much in terms of skin care. I've been blessed by great skin most of my life.. that being said, whenever i get stressed I have one single pore on my upper left cheek bone that literally gets so awful it turns purple and looks like a bruise. Anyone know how to maybe avoid this in the days leading up to the wedding? (Not being stressed isnt going to be possible lol)
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't really changed much.

I have one face wash and one scrub in the shower, so everyday depending on how my skin is will depend on what product I use. Then I will use a serum if my face is super dry and just a regular night time moisturizer.

The one thing I have changed is just using moisturizer at night. I don't like the feeling of thick lotion on my face all day

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I literally changed everything about my skincare routine recently. My skin was always so oily and nothing could tame it, so I finally made some educated changes.

Changing everything seriously made a world of differences! My skin tone looks better, I have a glow to me, and many people who know me say I just look better.

I introduced an exfoliator (La Roche Posay)

GUEST_3013da4b-67b2-4b15-84ff-4afc9c8a58

Changed my toner to something more natural (Biotherm)

#MakeUpMonday - what's your pre-wedding skincare routine? 2And lastly, I introduced a serum that has made a serious, serious difference (Caudalie)

DP1216201617204152M?resmode=sharp2&op_sh

I'm definitely going to be keeping this all up for the wedding!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely am one to neglect my skincare routine but I do use a charcoal mask (Garnier available in drugstores) once a week.

I use a deep cleansing cleanser twice a week and a gentler one every day at night. I currently use St. Ives for each. I use a toner (Lancome tonique confort re-hydrating toner) after I shower and I moisturize with Fresh Rose deep hydration face cream (available at Sephora).

I've also heard good things about the Kate Somerville Blemish Banisher Kit which helps with spot treatments. I've also cut out dairy more and I find my skin is reacting well with that.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I always see those on my way out of Sephora and wonder if they are worth it! I'll have to go back and try them out then Smiley smile Let me know what The Ordinary recommends/suggests and what you end up trying!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

On your recommendation I emailed The Ordinary. gonna try a product at a time and see how they are.

for a face mask. I love Sephora brand grey clay mask. it comes in a little squeezable pouch for like 10-ish bucks. it says it will give you 4 masks. I put on just a thin layer. and have been able to get 10 out of it.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've definitely been paying more attention to my skincare routine since getting engaged. It's evolved for sure in the last year or so. I have sensitive combo skin, with hormonal breakouts and a difficult t-zone!

I'm currently using Khiel's Calendula face wash and their 'Ultra Facial Toner'. In the AM, I use The Ordinary's Caffeine solution for under my eyes, then I put "Buffet" all over my face and top it off with sunscreen. In the PM, I'll use "Buffet" again, topped with Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% for my t-zone and finally 100% Squalane oil all over my face/neck! I'm debating using one of their retinoids, but I'll just wait until I need to buy refills to purchase new products!

Now, I just need to find a mask that works, with my sensitive skin type!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I make a paste of baking soda and vitamin e oil and scrub my face with it every other day.

I tone with witch hazel after every shower, and I use a light facial moisturizer.

In the upcoming weeks, I’ll start using weekly masks.

I’ve also stopped wearing makeup to work (except for mascara).
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far I have only started back up in using my morning and night face wash:

#MakeUpMonday - what's your pre-wedding skincare routine? 3

I only use step one of the three but that's because the step two which is the astringent makes my skin super dry and the moisturizer makes up for that but then my skin is too oily.... so if I cut out the moisturizing lotion then I have to cut out the astringent as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics