Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valerie
VIP April 2017 Ontario

Makeup trial!

Valerie, on November 20, 2016 at 22:54 Posted in Beauty 0 24

Hey brides to be (and our newest newlywed)!!

I was SUPPOSE to have my hair AND makeup trial, but the hair stylist got insanely sick and had to reschedule. But I got my makeup trial done on it's own and I think it went really well! She listened to what I wanted but was really helpfully because I have no idea what looks good! They eyelashes drove me crazy so I'll just use regular mascara (rather than the 3D lash extender one we tried), I didn't really notice a big difference aside from me just being able to see it and want to rub my eyes all the time because they were heavy and annoyed me. Other than that I love what she did and it was mostly so light and looked great even 10 hours later.

What do you think? Any tips?

When are you ladies getting yours done?

Makeup trial

24 Comments

Latest activity by Maly, on November 24, 2016 at 20:57
  • Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Either way! It's beautiful and still very natural!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So when did you reschedule your hair trial for?!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone has different levels of comfort- I'm going ful set of falsies Smiley winking You don't want to feel too outside of your zone!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very welcome! Us Brides have to stick together!!!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is GREAT to know!!! Thank you for the feedback, that's really helpful!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks! Ya I usually NEVER wear blush because my face is red enough without it... but it was light and natural so I liked it. Ya, I'm definitely just going to use regular mascara... the 3D was too much (for me)

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya I totally freaking forgot to take a pic with my eyes closed LOL Smiley xd OOPS!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The makeup artist is actually the one that told me to get a lip gloss.... would have been nice, but for the price I get it (I went this someone more affordable since my girls wanted to use her too, so she doesn't do the extras)

Oh and thank you!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Laura Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Maly! I was so worried about it being too much so I'm glad it had a nice balance

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha thanksSmiley winking Ya I wish mine didn't go to waste and I actually DID something... instead I just sat around after

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look AMAZING!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you look Fabulous !! woot woot HOT MAMA COMMING THROUGH !!! you look beautiful ! love it ... I had my trial done for our engagement photos ... I loved it you feel oh so pretty !

• Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love that look on you! It's there and dramatic! But also not too much. It's very pretty!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looks beautiful! I'm not sure if all makeup people do this but for my MOH's wedding, the girl that did her makeup gave her small quantities of some of it to put in her emergency kit. You could ask if this is something that can be done for the lipstick.
  • Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Let's see a pic with your eyelid! Smiley smile!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is weird to see yourself with makeup when you aren't used to it, but you look fantastic! I love the lip colour! Maybe you can ask the artist what shade/brand and but one to keep on you? Nice natural pink cheeks going on too!
    Your eyes are lovely without the lashes, definitely just fine without the extension mascara.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used to apply make up part time and we were taught that Gloss is not the greatest idea for photos. High end cameras pick up everything way more then regular cameras do!! Gloss will be uber reflective so if your photographer is still around taking pics you might want to rethink that and go with a lipstick with a bit of shimmer . Same goes for eye make up, never go for frost eyeshadow for that same reason. Its super reflective!!! If you use a frosted white on your brow bone for example, your photos will show your eyes with a white strip under your eyebrow HA! Best to go with shimmer eyeshadow too! Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something perfect for you! Smiley smile
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Valerie!! Smiley heart You look absolutely gorgeous!! Smiley love I love what your makeup artist did! The colour of your lips looks absolutely beautiful and natural. For the eyelashes... I'm glad you chose to go without if you didn't feel comfortable wearing them. I think it won't that much of a difference. When will be your hair trial? Can't wait to see it! Smiley love

• C
    Curious January 2017 Alberta
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it looks beautiful even without the lashes!! My trial will be in early December...my nephews girlfriend does make up and she's gifting me her services for my wedding!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look beautiful!!! I love your eyes! Smiley kiss It definitely feels weird wearing false lashes haha! We had tried out a full set for my trial but on the day of the wedding she actually used smaller lashes that were in groups of 3 so it made it look fuller and they moved better because it wasn't one big strip. I love that they did a natural look for you and the lip colour is perfect!

I can't wait to see your hair trial! Congrats on your makeup!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like it Valerie! It is the right amount and as it elegant; you look stunning!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you... I usually wear like NO makeup so it felt weird in person seeing it. But it does show up nicely in even the photos I took. Now I have to find a gloss so touch it up with throughout the day

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the lipstick colour! You look great!!! I love when the eyes are dark with a light lip or a dark lip with less on the eyes. Makes for a more natural balanced lip.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics