Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Makeup trial

Jen, on February 27, 2018 at 15:10 Posted in Beauty 0 26

So, I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to do my own makeup for the wedding. I did, once upon a time, work as a makeup artist/esthetician, and find that I am a HUGE spaz when anybody else does my makeup. I was playing with makeup yesterday and came up with this. I'm still unsure of what colours I want to use on my eyes but threw this together. What do you guys think? Do you think it will do? I plan to have lash extensions (as seen in the photo) for the day of the wedding so I opted for no eyeliner.

MakeupMakeup trial 1

26 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on March 6, 2018 at 11:45
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would be sure to take lots of pics with flash on if you can! I never wear makeup and learned alot from my trial recently. Make will look alot different on your photographers camera so a little heavier in some areas is actually good. And most importantly the flash! It can read so different but other then those few pointers I love the neutral eye. I went for a sparkly eye and pop of color on the lip for my fall wedding
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! Love this! I prefer the first one, but both are equally nice. I would say do your own makeup and put that money somewhere else.

• Ashley
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks a mill Jen! Your the best 😊
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Take some pictures after and send them to me! If you want any tips or pointers I'm your girl.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have debated it! May give it a go this weekend and see! It may be the only way I feel comfortable!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Give it a shot on your own! Take an hour or two to play around one day. Then take pictures in natural light and with flat to see how it looks on camera!

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look beautiful! I had a trail done and I thought I could do a better job and I have no experience. So if you actually have experience then I would say do it, you know your going to like it 100%!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I sometimes find that if I put some music on and get lost in the makeup it actually helps decrease any anxiety or stress because I'm able to be creative. The stress and anger comes out when I mess something up though or hate how it looks and have to restart! lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, April. It's taken many years of practice! I watch A LOT of makeup tutorials lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Alexandra Smiley smile

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it looks great, i am terrible at makeup and rarely wear it so i am going professional. If you don't think it will add stress to your day then i say do your own, but if it will add extra stress pass of the job lol

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your makeup looks awesome! If you have the skills and are confident than I would do it yourself. I have zero makeup skills so I will have to go to a professional!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be doing my own and it won’t look half as good as that! I like the smoky eye, it’s stunning! I say stick with your own!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kim! I think I'm going to stick with just doing my own rather than paying nearly $100 for somebody to do it.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I could get my makeup to look like yours I'd do my own! If you're comfortable doing it yourself I'd go for it!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My eyebrows are actually microbladed! I just lightly touch them up with Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow. I don't normally wear much colour in my lips. I'll likely go with a light pink colour.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looove your first look, that plummy color is really gorgeous. I need you to teach me how to do my eyebrows! Are you going to do any color on your lips?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here is another look I did today. No filter or anything. I think I like this one better!

Makeup trial Makeup trial 2

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Bianca! I think I need to because I have a feeling I wouldn't end up very happy with how somebody else would do it.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am too. I had somebody do my makeup for our engagement photos and I went home and washed it off right away. I think she felt intimidated because she knew my history and where I worked so she rushed it. It wasn't nice though lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks gorgeous! I think you could definitely just do your own makeup tbh.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it looks gorgeous!! Your eyes look awesome and will definitely pop in pictures!

I wish I was better at doing my own hair and makeup, because I'm also really picky when I get it done professionally Smiley shame

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Courtney. That's the exact thing that keeps running through my head.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think its important to remember that the morning of, you might feel anxious/hectic so it may be a good idea to have someone else doing your make up.

But if you're comfortable doing your own, that looks great!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My lashes will be a bit fuller so you likely wouldn't notice much of the liner. It so dang hard to do the liner with the lashes too lol. The girl who does my lashes also does makeup so I may have her play around one day. The only crappy thing is it cost $75 for a trial! To me thats nuts for something that I can do on my own lol

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very nice! I do think a little bit of eyeliner would define your eyes a bit more though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics