Skip to main content
Lisa
VIP May 2018 Ontario

Make up looks for the big day!

Lisa, on January 13, 2017 at 22:57 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17
Saved

Hey ladies!
Found a total score today! A co-worker of mine is a make up artist and she offered to do my engagement and wedding make up! And she was way more reasonable than other quotes I've been receiving! I saw some of her work with Glam Galz and I love it. Check it out!
https://www.glamgalz.ca/

She's asked me to start thinking about wedding looks and this is so far my favourite. Except I may want to go with more of a bold lip colour!

What do you ladies think?
What make up looks are you all going for at your wedding?

Go!......... Smiley smile

Make up looks for the big day! - 1

Make up looks for the big day! - 2

17 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on July 25, 2017 at 13:36
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the comment Laura! It s been so long since I had posted the discussion. My wedding is not until next year as well. May! I have found a few more looks I like since. So I guess I can play around at my trial when the time comes!

Make up looks for the big day! 1

Make up looks for the big day! - 2
  • Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute

I love a more natural look. I'm planning for bold eyes (long lashes), and subtle lip colour. I got my makeup done at sephora for my engagement photos and was pleasantly impressed by how amazing Candice was. She colour matched me for a foundation and listened to everything i said. I did my MOH makeup at Salon JC in Vaughan for my sisters wedding and she was amazing as well. I haven't decided what I'll do for mine yet.. but still lots of time (Sept 2018)

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    Very nice! You look amazing!
  • Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    I love makeup . I did my trial not to long ago.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    Ya! I think I'm going to keep looking and get more ideas!!!!! But is still by far my favourite!!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute

That is beautiful and I think you can totally pull off the bold lip!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    That's great that you are doing it yourself. I would just maybe invest in some really good foundation and concealer. Photo lenses pick up so much pigment. You'll want to make sure your skin is flawless. A friend of mine who is a make up artist taught me that!
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    That's awesome!!
    I'm still sticking firm to my idea of doing my own makeup. I just don't know if I'd trust someone else to do it exactly how I envision it, even if their skills are better than mine. But since I do full face every damn day I've got a lot of practice. I just hope my skin cooperates.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    Awesome! That's great!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    I have a makeup artist booked!! Thanks though Smiley smile I went with Modern Makeup as my friend uses an artist there and got all the bridal party a discount of half off normal price !
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    Oh! I just realized your location. I could see them charging from Pickering to Peterborough. That's pretty far. A friend of mine owns a videography company in Peterborough. Want me to ask her if she knows any make up artists out that way?
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute

I love the looks! I looked into Glam galz for my wedding but they charge for travel and it became too much money for me! But I love the work they do! I have a plan for my hair but I am behind on what I want for my makeup but at least have someone booked!

• Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    Thank you! All of my girl's are going to have same look but with a single flower holding back their hair.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    Ooooooh I love it!!!! The lipstick colour wouldn't work for me but with a bold fuschia, would look amazing for my skin tone! Great choice! Lovely option!
  • Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    I am going with this look.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    They do hair as well!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute

The eye look you are going for is fabulous- Glam, but it won't distract from your natural beauty.

And I totally agree that a bolder lip will be nice- your dark hair will pull that off well (and your sexy dress!)

I might check these ladies out....I'm a bit behind on getting Hair and Make up plans Smiley atonished

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics