Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nadine
Curious July 2021 Ontario

Low wedding seasons

Nadine, on October 2, 2019 at 08:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi folks, anyone know when the low season period for weddings are? Would it be sometime between November to April? Thanks 🤗

10 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on October 3, 2019 at 14:30
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Generally, off-season is from November to April excluding the holidays when they can actually be more expensive and have a higher guest minimum. Any long weekends, during the off-season might also have a higher price tag or guest minimums.
    Since is is just a general idea, you should always reach out to the venues to confirm their details for that period of time Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Off season is when you want to inquire venues about their pricing due to wedding slowing down that time frame. Some days such as Halloween may be more discounted due to the day when its not so busy.

• Nadine
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bad off season thank you all. I’m so new to this 🙈
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Correct its called off season. you can also do a friday or sunday wedding (not on a long weekend) during summer for cheaper!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think an "off-season" would definitely fall between those months. October used to be considered "off-season" but it got really popular so it's more lumped in with the on-season.

That being said, some venues/vendors don't have off-season pricing, especially if they are busy year round and different places will have different off-seasons. One place could only have it in January-February and others could do November-April.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue has the lower off season pricing for January and February.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I booked our venue they considered October an "off-season" but now that it's getting more and more popular they have moved it to November. With that being said, some venues I checked out didn't even have an "off-season" as they were busy year-round so be ready for some vendors saying they don't have one and don't give "off-season" discounts.

Otherwise it can be as early as October and as late as end of April.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on what type of venue like Casey was saying. I know our venue is only a seasonal venue to begin with and they only had two months that are off season.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the venue. Wineries, outdoor venues would have maybe a November- April as down time. Where as indoor venues would possibly be in the new year.

Check with the venue, they will be able to tell you what their off season is

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Different venues might vary slightly in what they consider their off season. Our venue and others we looked at consider off season to be January through March or April

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics