Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shaina
Frequent user April 2019 Ontario

Losing Weight

Shaina, on December 21, 2017 at 23:02 Posted in Before the wedding 0 28
Is anybody trying to lose weight for the big day? Got any tips for a junk-food-loving feeling-eater? LOL.
I wasn't too worried about the weight thing because my FH loves me the way I am and I was starting to be pretty comfortable with myself but... earlier I took my dog out to go the the bathroom and one of the neighbours was out.. He made a comment that made me feel like complete and total shit and now I'm worried people will have the same kind of thoughts or make the same rude comments on my wedding day (FHs family can be kind of rude and outspoken) and I don't think I could handle it...

28 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on January 4, 2018 at 13:26
  • Samantha
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like everyone else has said, do it for YOU! I have been self-conscious my entire life, so I took it into my own hands and have been on a strict Keto diet since November 18. I've lost roughly 25lbs, but my FH nor anyone else has had a problem with my weight before. Do it because you want to feel healthier and happier, not for some cruel person.

I would say everything in moderation if you're really concerned about it. Have your junk food, but maybe a cereal bowl sized portion instead of unconsciously eating it. Have sliced up peppers and apples for snacks when you're having an emotional hunger. Or, eat whatever the heck you want because you crave it and life is too short!! It's all about YOU, don't let anyone else determine your mindset for you. Smiley heart

• Athena
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Athena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Shaina! It's ear to me that you know your partner loves and that is the most important thing. People can be so ridiculous, growing up with a greek family friends i can confirm first hand how annoying it is to have someone you dont know all that well comment aboit you personally. Dont sweat it. You will be glowing and full of love, i truly believe it wouldnt matter if you wore a garbage bag. Happiness makes you beautiful! ♡
    Im doing a 30day challenge if you want more info feel free to msg me! Its not about losing weight (though i have lost with the program) but about feeling good inside out. Also helped clear up my skin, dark circles and boost my energy. Whatver you decide, make it about You feeling amazing and not about anyhing else 💜
  • Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! ♡
    It makes me feel better knowing there's someone I can talk to if it stresses me out 😅
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you ever need motivation just message me! We can motivate each other, it's hard to get into a new diet and workout routine, but it's a lot easier with a support system ! Good luck!! ❤️
  • Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just want to think everyone for the kind words ♡
    Now that the holidays are over I'm going to look into diets or life style changes that may work for me and get to a place where I feel comfortable enough that what people say won't matter! I know I want to lose weight for my big day, so this is even more motivation for me. Hopefully I can stick to it!
  • Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean! I was always tiny so even trying to adjust to the weight was extremely difficult and at times it still is. People saying even something innocent about me gaining weight just makes me feel crappy all over again 😔
    I actually keep hearing about the keto diet through a Facebook group. I guess it wouldn't hurt to look into it!
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like everyone else said, do it for yourself and no one else! People are cruel. Bigger girls know it all too well!! I’ll probably lose a little bit of weight and try toning. But I think the thing I want to look best is my skin.

Above all else, I like KNOWING, I’m healthy —the best way to do that is from the inside out so I love doing green juices in the morning for breakfast. I did weight watchers a few years ago and lost almost 30 pounds. Then I met my fiancé and was in university pulling all-nighters all the time, not eating/sleeping regularly and gained it all back plus some! I found WW was amazing! Totally non-guilt inducing, and you learn to change your eating habits and you feel rewarded and you start to make better choices. I’d recommend it if you have $20 a month to dedicate to it! My tip though, have a green juice for breakfast. Fruits and veggies are almost all zero points in WW - meaning you can eat as many as you’d like, so starting off your day with zero points is awesome! Plus, green juice makes your tummy feel happy and your skin just absolutely glow! If you feel healthy you look healthy.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't get judged for being you. Inside beauty ia the most important way to look at it.

Losing wieght is to do it for yourself and to make you feel great and motivated. I told myself to lose wieght before my big day and y work is busy enough to keep moving all over the store.

The amount of energy and feeling coming out of losing nathrally was amazing. I went from 34 waist to 30 waist.

Don't ket others get to you by their comments. They are just jealous of how beautiful you are and insecure of themselves.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OMG people can be so cruel! What ever you do, do it for yourself! Forget these people! Usually what people throw at you is because of something they can't handle themselves, about themselves. So they treat others like crap so they can feel better. THEY ARE THE ONES WITH THE PROBLEM NOT YOU!!! Smiley smile. I've used Fast Metabolism, and I'll probably start that in the new year! Need to get my butt in gear as well!! Too much holiday eating!!
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh! And I use 21 Day Fix. Ive done it before with awesome results but lost steam after a slipped disc in back (unrelated) and bursitis in my hip. Back to it now and love it. I use shakeology. Curbs the cravings. I'm also a junk food lover.
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People suck. As a big girl, I've had my fair share of criticism..even at my smallest (go figure) can't please everyone Smiley winking
    That being said I AM losing weight before the wedding, but to be fair I was already working on it. The upcoming wedding is just more motivation for something I already wanted to work on. Not doing it for anyone but myself and my health. FH is happy with me as I am, but knows it's important to me. I think wedding photos and brides are beautiful at any size....there's a certain glow you get that will outshine the imperfections you THINK you have. I think you should only do it if its something you really want..otherwise just another thing to stress about!
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally understand. My dad is the mean one when it comes to my weight. He doesn’t even need to say anything. The look says it all. Sucks. My fiancé loves me the way I am but for me in pictures I’d prefer to try and loose some weight. Good luck. It’s certainly not easy.
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I completely know what you mean. We all know to say "don't let people away you" blablabla, but it's hard! I have aunts and relatives who would just rudely point out that I gained weight. I mean how many people maintain their highschool weight their entire life, right?? Anyway, so I am with you on that. I've been doing Keto diet. Look it up! It's hard around holidays. I initially lost 8lbs in a month, but I gained back 3 cause of all these holiday cheating meals. Definitely need dedication to stick all the way through. Good luck!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% agreed! Don't let some jerks comments the reason behind getting fit, have it be what you want and what you need for you to be happy as who you are. Regardless of what anyone things you're beautiful just like Kait said, inside and out!
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some people can be so rude! Don’t listen to that jerk.
    You just need to think if your happy with who you are then you don’t need to change a thing. It all boils down to loving yourself and making yourself feel happy. If you need any tips for avoid junk food is, after dinner, drink a huge glass of water and chew gum. I’m a night time binger and that always helps me.
  • Kait
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Best advice is to focus on how YOU feel in your own skin. Know that you’re a beautiful woman, inside and out. And if you do choose to push towards getting fit, let it be inspired by wanting to fuel yourself and feel better, because you are worth the best, no matter what that is 💕
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just ignore people! They have nothing better to do except knock you down! That being said, if you are comfortable with your body then flaunt it! If you want to do something then that's your decision 😊. I eat a bit of junk food too! But at work, I walk like 10kms a day generally. But I decided to join a dance class to get toned!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why are people so judgmental? I feel like most women are unhappy with their bodies in some way or other.

I have started going to a zumba class once a week. I'm looking at it as getting into a routine, rather than working out. I don't plan on going to the gym everyday, because that is not sustainable for me. I want to focus on health, rather than losing weight.

I made up meals and froze them for lunches and suppers. I try to have nuts, fruit, popcorn (from a popper so it is healthier) on hand for my snack-y moments.

Fiance and I are also working on cutting back, rather than cutting out. We still eat out, just not as often. He's reduced the amount of pop he drinks a day. I go for a chai latte only once a week now.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started to meal prep and be organized with what we are easting for the week. When we don't have something planned or ready it is so easy for us to eat out or unhealthy. But we started marinating chicken breasts and freezing them until we are ready to eat. We usually pair with rice and a veg. The marinates are different and sometimes the veggies so it keeps it simple. The gym is hit and miss for me some weeks I'm all for it and other weeks I'm not so if I make sure my meals are healthy then I'm good! I am a snacker so I make sure not to have unhealthy snacks in the house and if I don't want to grab that piece of fruit or veggie then I'm not hungry I am bored. We do like to eat out or order in once a week as a treat meal and I find that keeps me going because there is a reward. We don't have it the same time every week, we have it when we get the craving for something yummy!

I knew going into my wedding that my ideal of losing 40lbs was super unrealistic but starting to learn to accept myself the way I am and start slowly making healthier choices I will be happier with myself. I am way happier than I was in January body image wise and that is because I am giving myself good food for my body, exercising when I can, and I stopped weighing myself and started measuring myself. My FH has been a huge support the past year with our journey to become healthier and I couldn't have done it without him.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    People are mean sometimes, especially when it comes to making comments not worth discussing.

I am am not trying to lose weight, as the wedding day is another day of my life with the body I have. Period. In the same way, my partner is not trying to lose/gain weight, get leaner/more muscular etc.

We are celebrating our commitment and love, not sending portfolios to some modeling agency Smiley smile

Always remember to feel great in your own skin and just have fun and focus to the point: you are getting married to your love!
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cuuuuute.... Smiley amazing

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tell me about it! But that's nice compared to what h says about and to my FHs brothers fiancee.. he knows he's an a-hole, he actually brags about it..
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OKAYYYY your FH's father sounds like the worst ew. I would go BANANNNNAS

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OK 1) your neighbour sucks, he can GTFO.

2) only lose weight if YOU want to. dont do it for anyone else! Smiley heart

I keep telling people im "shredding for the wedding" lol. Prob just gonna up my gym routine. IMO theres no subs for junk food that are sufficient... fruit just does not do the trick. I just dont buy it or i eat it hahaha no will power.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Trust me I don't let him say that without me saying something back.. and I'm the same way, it's been a rough few years of stressful events, which caused me to gain quite a bit of weight. I just started getting used to my body and appreciating it but it can be hard with all these "perfect bodies" all over social media. I love my curves, just want to tone up a bit. I got a basic Pilates kit at Walmart. Comes with a fitness ball, resistance bands and weighted balls, so I just for small workouts throughout the day.
  • Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do love me a smoothie! Lol.
    And I totally agree. People are just rude. And the person who said it to me isn't exactly skinny either! I had a hard time adjusting to all the weight I've gained in the last few years and was super self conscious, so it sucks that as I'm starting to be okay with myself someone makes a comment like that..
    I hope you don't put up with your future FIL being so rude! I'd tell him where he could stick his opinion, although maybe not since I hate confrontation, lol.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, for a while when I craved sweets I would substitute it for a greek yogurt fruit salad. I had apples, grapes, cantelope, strawberries if they are in season Smiley smile

Smaller portion sizes I find and not having really any junk food in the house helped with my snacking. So no chips I would have small snacks like granola bars but I would by the small packs that have 10...so it limits my snacking and I don't eat 2 or 3 at once. I would also have like dried fruit here and there, if I wanted cookies I would make my own instead of going store bought as I could control how much sugar and stuff was going into them. Same with cooking over all we don't cook with salt at home at all. Oatmeal is a great for snacking too when you are in the mood. I used almond or coconut milk unsweetened and it helped as well.

Small work outs help too (I HATE THE GYM) I do squats and push ups while waiting for the oven to pre-heat, water to boil. There are lots of home work outs and mobile apps that can be downloaded and looked up.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If someone makes a rude comment on someone else weight they deserve to be slapped silly! You are going to look gorgeous on your wedding day, and every other day, regardless on your weight. However I do know the feeling, I'd like to drop a few pounds, mostly lose some arm weight, for my dress. But my FH loves me just how I am, and that is the biggest confident booster ever! My FHs father tells me I'm a fatass all time time, so I really do understand. Tips I have for you, because I love my sweets, I make fruity/very sweet smoothies everytime I have a sweets craving. Sometimes I'll add some cocoa powder and get that chocolate craving fix too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics