Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Loosing weight and looking great!

Erin, on November 17, 2019 at 16:37 Posted in Beauty 0 9
Trying to loose a few inches around the tummy, seems to be going well, I'm eating right, getting active and it seems to be working....until the last few days where I have actually gained weight rather than loosing it. Not sure what's up with that. In 3 days I gained an extra inch and a half around the tummy. Sigh not sure if it's water weight or what.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jo-Ann, on December 5, 2019 at 13:23
  • Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am trying to loose some weight as well, and there are up and down days...we retain water around our cycle, so could be that?

• E
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Been busting myself to work the tummy want to have a nice flat tummy for my big day lol
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It might be muscle depending on what your working out. muscles weight a bit. i lost fat but i only weight a few lbs less cuz my legs are all muscle now.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others and I second what Amelia said about using the MyFitnessPal app!!! That is what I use as well as what my personal fitness coach told me to use.

Only other thing I would say is that her recommendation for eating healthy would be to read the ingredients. If you can't pronounce it and/or don't know what it is then you don't eat it. Unfortunately this means that lots of sauces are a no-go as well as pre packaged anything.

• E
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I've been looking into the causes for weight plateaus and other issues like that and I have been really careful lately, tracking everything and getting in my water and even went as far as measuring the amount of food I eat. For instance, tonight I made a stir fry with rice and measured the rice 1/2 cup and the veggie and beef topper 1 cup and I made a non dairy low fat frozen Berry smoothie as my drink rather than my usual triple triple coffee (trying to cut back on sugar and dairy intake)
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's a number of reasons for weight-loss plateaus. The first ten are usually the easiest because it's water weight, after that periods are definitely to blame lol other times it's what you eat, some people are effected differently to certain types of foods, for me I found it's dairy. I get incredibly bloated if I have too much which sucks big time since I'm a huge cheese lover. So just listen to your body and keeping a food journal helps narrow down that kind of thing. I've lost about 40 pounds since last January and it's a learning curve. The biggest thing I've learned though is portion control, everything in moderation

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Weight fluctuations are really common, plus muscle weighs more than fat so if you are eating well and exercising you may gain a few pounds and loose a few inches.

I've been using the free version of My Fitness Pal and it has options to track weight or measurements, add photos to see your progress, as well as trackers for food and water and exercise. I've tried a few paid apps and this one is my fav!
  • E
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Kelly thank you for the tip. That's exactly what seems to be happening to me. I figured it was bloating or excess water weight but wasn't sure lol trying to drop from 150 to around the 135-140 mark. Want to get in shape and healthier before the big day plus just for my own personal reasons I just want to fit back in my old jeans lol
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That happens all the time during weight loss, don't worry about it! For me I can gain up to 5 pounds during my period and the week before my period I bloat to the point I add about 2-3 inches to my stomach. It also depends on salt intake how much you bloat. As long as the scale is moving down on a long term basis, you're fine!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics