Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Devoted September 2019 Quebec

Looking for Elegant Bridal Hairpins

Stephanie, on March 25, 2019 at 10:51 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14

Hello Ladies,

I've finally said yes to the dress and currently on the hunt for the perfect hairpins that will go on one side to have half pinned up and the rest down before my final fitting in a few months. I've looked at shops while I was shopping for my dress and I refuse to spend over 100-150$ for something I'd wear once. I've looked at JJhouse but I'm worried that they will look cheap when i receive them.

So ladies, please help me find a shop in Toronto GTA area or a store online or confirm if JJhouse is reliable for the hair pieces! Smiley heart Much appreciated!

I finally said yes to the dress! Smiley heart Looking for Elegant Bridal Hairpins 1

Also here is my dress!! Smiley love I am getting straps put in with corset back, so ignore the fold in the fake straps!

Thanks every for your feedback!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on April 1, 2019 at 09:46
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got mine from Etsy! I didn't want to spend over $100 either, and found this for $54. There are TONS of different styles in this shop (NevaBridal) https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/NevaBridal?ref=l2-shopheader-name

It is even prettier in person, and the detail is amazing!

Looking for Elegant Bridal Hairpins 2

• Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found some really cute hair stuff at both Ardenes and Claires.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I caved in and took advantage of their 10% off sale. 17$ and I got a hair piece comb last night! https://www.jjshouse.com/ladies-handmade-crystal-alloy-combs-barrettes-with-crystal-sold-in-single-piece-042165445-g165445#/
    Simple and what I'm looking for.

Prob going to take a month to arrive but I'm excited to see it! And if it doesn't look good I can try the other shops! I hate shopping cuz I have no patience haha especially when it's a busy mall.

I'm surprised I even found my dress after 2 shops. I was so fed up after 2 days but returned to the first shop and bought the dress after trying it on again.
    I'm glad online shopping is so accessible!!
    Getting my wedding bands off etsy!

• Mrsbtobe
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Mrsbtobe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m just north of Toronto and have ordered twice from JJs House and am so impressed with the quality of the items and the speed of shipment/delivery. Good Luck!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out Etsy, or amazon, you can even find some fantastic hair pins at some antique shops. You can find them in lots of places it just takes some work. Hopefully you find them ok!

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so pretty! I think ill try JJHouse! So many choices. If I Dont like it then ill go shopping at the shops around!

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took a chance on JJ's House. Sure, it's a bit cheap in quality, but it doesn't break the bank and no one will notice. Here is a picture of my comb. It was only $20 after shipping.

Looking for Elegant Bridal Hairpins 3
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have purchased 3 times from JJ's House and everything I have gotten is amazing! Great quality for the price! I would highly recommend!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my hair piece on Etsy, so I definitely recommend looking their. As for places in Toronto I am not sure and I also am not sure about JJs House, I've heard mixed reviews.
    But I also agree with Tori, Claire's has super cute things that are super cheap. That's where I plan to get my bridesmaids hair pieces lol
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooo I'll definetly take a look at the etsy link thanks.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, I am trying to keep this wedding on a budget. Just got my shoes and that was another 100$! Here are some ideas I had.

Hairpin IdeasLooking for Elegant Bridal Hairpins 4

I like gems and flower ones. Another Idea HERE
    I haven't tried looking at Claires. Didnt even know we had one. I recently moved from MTL last year. Still getting used to Toronto and what stores there are. Smiley laugh

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Etsy has some really nice pieces. This page is super reliable.

I have also been looking at Davids Bridal - they probably have the cheapest nicer looking pieces.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Claire's sister store, Icing, carries accessories for weddings, brides, bridal party so also look there! Ardene's also has things that are more for special occasions and have some hairpins.

I know Stephanie on here has ordered veils from JJsHouse and they looked good, but I haven't used it myself so can't confirm unfortunately.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look great!!

Do you have any pictures for reference? Personally I will be looking at places like Claire's Smiley tongue I'm cheap to the extreme!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics