Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kirsten
Frequent user October 2025 Alberta

Long term engagements

Kirsten, on February 16, 2019 at 12:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 4 8

I have seen so many countdowns for wedding planning. All the ones i have seen are max 18 months. The thing is me and my FH are having a long term engagement of 24+ months. So for the longest time i thought i could never start planning my wedding till at least the year and a half mark.

i am not sure if anyone has this problem but i was blessed to finally found that countdown for me.

24+ month wedding countdownLong term engagements 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by Trish, on February 18, 2019 at 22:38
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is great!
  • Diana
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! This is so great! My FH and I are having a 2 year engagement and I wasn’t sure how early was too early to start planning. We’ve booked our venue but that’s about it so far. It’s nice to have some ideas of what else we can do over the coming months.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pinterest is a life saver...and a rabbit hole! Glad that you found something that works for you!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a 21.5 month engagement and I'm honestly so happy for it. It's provided time to plan, take breaks, do research, and relax. And we get to enjoy being engaged for that much longer!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also had a 2+ year engagement. The first year allowed us to truly enjoy our engagement, but also narrow down our budget and our wants/needs for the wedding.

Since we are doing long distance planning, we couldn't just go visit the venues whenever we were available, so we had planned it during the holidays. Early January 2018, we booked our venue, shortly after we booked our photographer. Later in the Summer of 2018, we booked our DJ and officiant. Last Fall, I bought my dress!! Now, we're looking into florists.

I have to say, having a longer engagement has really allowed us to enjoy the planning process, by not feeling rushed! Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve got a 20 month engagement and I honestly think longer is better when it comes to wedding planning. I took my time researching vendors and by the time the wedding day comes I’ll have more money saved up!
    By the 1 year mark we had all the big vendors booked. The only think left is transportation! I feel a lot less stressed!
    This is a great countdown.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and will have been engaged for 26 months prior to our wedding. We scheduled venue meetings after a month and thankfully we did because the venue we fell in love with was booking 2 years ahead for May. From there we slowly started planning everything. By the 1 year mark we had maybe 85% of the wedding planned and now its just little things or things like getting the marriage license that we can't do yet. I don't know how people plan it in less time because I took the 1 year countdown and stretched it out a whole lot and it was still stressful at times Smiley tongue

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice!

We also are having a 2 year (24 month) engagement and we booked a lot of our big vendors before the year mark. It's been nice not having to worry about getting things done in a short amount of time and actually got to enjoy our engagement a bit.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics