Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Long distance venue

Jessica, on March 20, 2017 at 16:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hey ladies, Just curious if it's stressful to plan a wedding that's out of town? I really love the farm ones out in Ottawa but I live in Hamilton. Prices seem to be cheaper out there in the country for your dream barn wedding.. It's so expensive out this way! Thanks

5 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on March 23, 2017 at 16:50
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live in AB and am planning a wedding in NB... So far no stress or problems... One thing, smaller town vendors tend to be word of mouth with no online presence.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica!

Totally with you on the country weddings!

I checked out Erin Estates and Cardinal Golf course

It is a little closer to home and i found the cost reasonable!

Erin Estates had the best price but it wasn't what we were looking for.

Check it out though! Could be just what you are looking for!

Let me know how it goes!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jessica! I'm glad to see you found some great advice in here already, you can also check out this discussion to see how other people did it: Planning from overseas Hope this helps! Were you able to visit the venue?

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! The only struggle is putting our year old in a car ride for 7 hours Hahahaha, but I'd like to do a lot of DIYs anyways. I'm glad it worked out for you Smiley smile you only get married once! So it's nice to do it the way you imagined
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it can be just as stressful either way but if you're doing out of town, you'll just have to be more organized. We planned our Canadian wedding from the US and made it work! Luckily with technology these days, it's easy to get a hold of vendors either over the phone or via Skype. We skyped with all of our vendors in order to "meet" them and then tried to meet again in person when we flew up for a trip. It'll just take a little more coordination to set aside time to take trips to visit your venues and vendors. And you'll have to make arrangements to get your decorations to the site. You could either drive them or some venues will let you ship things to them and they'll store them for you.

And are you going to stay out by the venue the night before? Where are you going to get ready? We were lucky that we stayed at the hotel where our ceremony was so we got ready in our rooms and then just came downstairs and got married! It's up to you and your fiance what your priorities are but like you said, closer is not always better! It can be done!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics