Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2023 Quebec

Logistics?

Julie, on May 16, 2023 at 18:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 6
I'm trying to figure out the logistics of getting ready... My venue is a restaurant with halls, so they don't have a bridal suite, but the coordinator said that there are offices we can wait in so nobody sees us while people are filing in. So I'm getting ready in my hotel room, which is about a 10 minute drive from the venue (my parents will be driving me). So now my question is... Should I get fully dressed and risk messing up my dress in the car, or should I just do everything else first and get dressed in the office? I kind of wanted to see the full effect before leaving the hotel, as I'm not even sure if there's a mirror or anything in the office, and I was also hoping to get a few individual shots before the ceremony (in the hotel but also outside near the venue). But is it bad to travel wearing my dress?

Sorry this is long and complicated, I'm trying to build my timeline and I'm really not sure how to work this out and I'm the kind of person who's always running late getting ready so I want to make sure I get the schedule right to avoid that! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jackie, on May 22, 2023 at 02:09
  • Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in the same boat as you, and I’m going to be bringing my dress and putting it on at the venue. I don’t want to risk messing it up. Our wedding is at a ski lodge so I’ll be getting dressed in the upper room, a cafeteria for all intents and purposes. But my photographer is coming and I still think it’s going to be a special and memorable moment.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would get dressed at the hotel and bring a portable steamer just in case your dress gets wrinkles. Plus, you will have your bag of stuff for touch ups. 10 min is not a huge drive.

• J
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's true. Thank you!
  • Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It sounds like (with reason) you would much rather get ready in the hotel and the only concern is the dress possibly not doing well on the drive. I say do exactly what you want and don’t worry about travelling in the dress, brides get driven from point a to b all the time without issue.
  • J
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good point, thanks for the input!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Julie, I would personally get ready at the hotel. It sounds like a more comfortable space to get ready and you can do pictures and honestly, I'm sure it will be just fine and fun traveling in your dress. I feel like it will get you more in the spirit of the event arriving there already ready.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics