Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Newbie October 2021 British Columbia

Lipstick?

Olivia, on September 29, 2021 at 14:25 Posted in Beauty 0 7
Hi ladies! What are your thoughts on lipstick for wedding photos? Most photos I’ve seen are a natural lip and I love it, but I also love a red lip. Do you think for wedding photos we should go glamorous or natural?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Liberty, on September 29, 2021 at 18:53
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a specific lipstick that is my perfect go to nude lip. I can't even remember the last time I wore something other than Zuma from colourpop so I will wear that on my wedding day too!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You've gotten some great advice already - I'd say go with what you're most comfortable with and definitely what makes you feel your best. I love a dark lip but went with a more muted colour because it was literally my husband's ONE request for how I look. Turns out he doesn't like my dark lipsticks 😂😂
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going all out! I love bright colour! I love red but won’t be going with red. Thinking of fuchsia add a bit of grape colour or baby pink. 😍🥰❤️😉
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For myself I love the dark red lipstick but I use that for everyday. Pale lipsticks just wouldn't cut it for me. I think you really need to go for what will make you feel beautiful
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome!

And not to over complicate things, but you could also ask your MUA to suggest makeup that would look good with both a natural lip and a red lip. That way you could have the natural colour for your ceremony, and then apply a red lip after for your photos so you get the best of both worlds.

• O
    Newbie October 2021 British Columbia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a very good point thank you for your response! 🥰
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love a good red lip too! Unfortunately for me, I just don't have the right skin tone for it. I went with a nice rosy pink lip that wasn't too natural looking, but definitely made me eyes pop more which is really what I wanted. So I think it'll depend on which of your features you want to highlight. If you want that to be your lips then I'd definitely say go with the red, especially since you're getting married in October and I think that'll look great in outdoor photos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics