Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cindy
Curious November 2019 Ontario

Limo Advice for Toronto

Cindy, on April 15, 2019 at 20:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Hi, Wedding Wire Community!

I was hoping to get your advice on a limo quote we got...

Here's our situation:

Our hotel is about 10 minutes drive to our venue. We will be having our ceremony and reception in the same place and won't be going outside the venue to take pictures.

We want to get a limo because we don't want the bridal party to be driving back to the hotel drunk or if they have had a few drinks.

We contacted a well-known limo company in Toronto and was quoted $595 + grats for a limo that will fit between 6 - 14 people. The quote included picking up and driving our bridal party to the venue (separately between 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm) and then coming back in the evening to pick up our bridal party from the venue after the wedding between 1 am - 2 am.

Has anyone else had this type of experience or situation? Not sure if this is a good price or not.

My alternative solution would be using Uber or Lyft to get from the hotel to the venue and then from the venue back to the hotel.

Has anyone else taken a Uber or Lyft in their wedding dress?

Also, our venue is near Jane and Steeles, not sure how often Uber or Lyft is readily available between 1 - 2 am in the morning on a weekend.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Cindy Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Cindy, on April 21, 2019 at 07:46
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have decided to go with Uber Black. I had looked into Uber Events, apparently, for them to setup the code it will cost $1000. Unfortunately that is out of my budget =( however, i’m sure it would be a good idea for big wedding parties or if you would also like to provide transportation to your guests.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My budget is less than the amount quoted from the limo company. I have done some research, I think we will go with an Uber Black. Thanks for the advice!
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Cindy!! The price you were quoted may seem high to you as most transportation services have a minimal rental time of 3/4 hours. It might be a good idea to contact other limousine services in your area to see if you can get a more competitive price. Here is a list of Wedding Transportation Services in Toronto for you to begin your search.

Uber or Lyft would certainly be a cheaper option but if you decide to go down this route, you should be sure to order them in advance. It may be a good idea to look into Uber Events and see if this would work for you.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a decent deal! Like Becky has said you are paying for the waiting time.

We got a deal on our limo, $850 plus tax and tip for 4 hours to pick us all up, and then take us to pictures, and then to the ceremony. We then have to pay another $150 for pickup for us at the end of the night.

So the price you got seems pretty reasonable for what you are getting! You could do Uber or Lyft but make sure you book it in advance so you aren't scrambling if they are busy

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This quote is the same price as where I am- I live near Owen Sound which is 3 hours from toronto. Maybe less. They are charging you per hour of waiting in between and this is why. Even if you decided to only have them drive you ten minutes to the venue the first time- they would still charge you a minimum rate. Most limo places charge for min of 4 hours at 100 per hour.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could find Uber at 1-2am for sure in that area.

our limo place gave us a price for X hours and then pick up at night. So we have the limo for 5 hours (picking up from my house, going to the church, going to the venue with parents and bridal party for photos) and pick up in the evening.

the limo price is high for you because you need a minimum set of hours. So I assume they quoted you their minimum price.

Its up to you, if it’s in budget and you think it’s worth it for the use (I.e. you’ll have multiple evening pick ups and drops off if people are leaving at different times) then it might be worth it.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Budget cost can define if the limo fits for the transportation needed or have a designated driver for the whole time.

Uber and Lyft may cost lot less and for the time to get back to the hotel. Call a company ahead of time and find out if they would cater to your timing and how many will fit in 1 car requiring that many for the wedding party. Inquire the price and that way you can see if that will fit your budget better than the limo.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics