Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Let's talk wedding videography

Joey, on October 19, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Will you have a videographer at your wedding? Will they cover just the ceremony, or stay all day? Are you getting a full video, a trailer, or editing the footage yourself? What do you feel makes a wedding video great? Tell us all your feelings about wedding videography!

giphy.gif

(this is my fav wedding video of all time... and that includes my own)

10 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on October 24, 2017 at 20:11
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have a videographer. We love pictures and looking at memories, however we couldn't justify the cost of a videographer when we probably would never watch the video.

• JENNIFER
    Frequent user December 2017 Ontario
    JENNIFER ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a second reception in Miami just after our honeymoon and my mother in law wants to play a video of the ceremony but we’re still on the fence because of the costs. I’d like to have a video so we got (4) quotes. 3-5 mins price ranged $1,600-3,800. I think the best deal is 10-15 min $2,100. Lets see where the budget ends up closer to the date.
  • Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting 1 photographer and 1 videographer. The vendor has a package and it was nearly the same price as everyone else's packages for 2 photographers so it's a no brainer for us.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Isn't in the budget. Getting a videographer pretty much doubles your photography budget. If I could afford it, I would. But we will not be having one

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to forgo videography. We wanted to keep costs down and photos were more important to us, so we spent there instead.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No videographer for us. I dont think i would ever rewatch the footage anyway so bot worth the money... But we will absolutely look at the pictures!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have one...it cost too much, and my sister had one and I've never even watched the video. Plus, the videographer spent her whole ceremony stepping on my feet and blocking my view...it felt annoying more than anything. Personally, I know we'll look at pictures more than we would sit and watch a video over the years.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to skip a videographer due to the price. It's a lot of money for a very short video. Here in Thunder Bay the range around $2500-$3000.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If we could have afforded it we totally would have gotten one! Unfortunately we don't have that kind of money lol. But my dad captured some of the ceremony on my phone and a family friend captured the whole thing on his phone so it's all good!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't hire a videographer for our wedding but my aunt ended up capturing everything for us on her phone. I like that it will just be raw footage like you would have gotten back in the day! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics