Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie July 2019 Alberta

Lets talk savings.

Sarah, on March 20, 2018 at 02:37 Posted in Alberta 0 5

I'm very new to this wedding stuff. I have never bin in a wedding or even bin to a wedding.. But one thing I am not new to is saving money. I LOVE being frugal and saving money. BUT I also like things to seem luxurious. So tell me your favourite wedding savings tip! What helped you create your ideal budget? What was something you completely cut out of the budget?

I plan on DIY most of wedding and am not having a DJ, an IPod on shuffle will do am I right? I was blessed to find a venue that only charges $400 for ceremony and reception fees. #blessed

Fill me in with all your tips please.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 26, 2018 at 11:26
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DIY options

- Wine

- Flower bouquets

- Decorations

- DJ (ipod did work well at friends wedding she had playlist for the first dance, reception, dinner, ect)

- Food and hire servers to serve it or if you know any highschool students offer to give them hours in exchange! I did this in highschool

• Sarah
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never knew Costco sold flowers! I have heard of buying alcohol from there tho. My venue has a bar/restaurant so I can’t buy my own unfortunately. But I am allowed to bring my own wine for some reason.

Your so lucky with all the talented people you know!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My future mother in law is making us wine, I know our photographer so she’s giving us a discount and our DJ is m MOH’s brother and he’s offered to do it for free! We’re going to purchase our alcohol from Costco as well as our babies breath for the center pieces - Costco is so great! Also I’ve purchased lots off of wedding buy and sell pages which has saved us money too.
  • Sarah
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FTMIL of the year! I love the idea of getting all that use out of one item! I’ll have to look into this for myself! Thanks. 😊
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister-in-law is making my bouquets and only charging for the flowers which is a huge money saver. I didn’t realize how expensive they would be! I’m not picky on what flowers so she will find the best deal.

I’m using potted plants down the aisle, then they will be moved to the reception for table centrepieces and finally they will be the favour. One thing, three uses!

My FMIL offered to grow the plants from seeds which is cheaper than buying the seedlings as I was going to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics