Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Let's Talk Photos! Boudoir

Joey, on June 25, 2018 at 09:40 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22

Lots of brides (and a few grooms) choose to do boudoir photos, either as a gift for their FS or just for themselves. Are you doing boudoir photos? If so, what are your plans for them?

Let's Talk Photos! Boudoir 1

Photo by Ally Papko Photography & Design in Winnipeg

>>Click here to talk about Getting Ready photos

>>Return to the start of the Let's Talk Photos game for more photo talk

22 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on June 27, 2018 at 15:43
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love the idea of doing some outdoors too that's so cute!!
    I cant wait to do mine!!!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did some a couple weeks ago and I’m sooo happy I did! It’s such a confidence booster! I would definitely recommend them, I’m all about empowering women and I know for sure that this is something my fiancé will love! It’s also for me, I can look back years from now and be like DAMN I looked good ahahaha. I’ll crop (so you can’t see my bum) and share some. They’re unedited right now. I did some indoor and some outdoor at a horse stable. My fiancé will receive an album of 45 photos and can go onto my account (it’s locked with a password) and pick more if he wants.

Let's Talk Photos! Boudoir 2

Let's Talk Photos! Boudoir 3
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always been curious but....never had the guts to try it

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have not tried!

• Brenda
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not aware of this photo trend until seeing this post... really hesitant about it for the digital file privacy concern too

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not at this time but we will see what the future holds!

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've decided to do this with my girlfriends next year as a girl empowering type deal, but because the first anniversary is paper, I'm going to give him the pictures on our one year - keep the fire going you know Smiley winking

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing one this week and I CANNOT WAIT! Smiley heart

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope, my fiance and I have lived together for years so I don't really see the point in giving him sexy photos when he can have the real thing whenever..😂 I didn't know how else to word that.. but these photos always turn out so beautifully!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's what I want to do for my FH for his groom's gift. I wouldn't be doing it until late November/December. A friend of mine is a professional pin-up photographer, and she does boudoir shoots. So I trust her, and am comfortable with her professionalism. I think it's a great thing for my FH to get, and it will be nice to look back at them in 20 to 30 years!!! Haha.

Some get super risque, but I think I'd go more in the direction of "not super embarrassed if someone wanted to see them"...

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of this but not sure I am comfortable with it in the era of digital photos. I would totally do it with film though and take the negatives with me so that they couldn't be reproduced.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will probably do one as a 1 year anniversary gift instead.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm unsure if I'll be doing this, yet

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing this but I did think and research about it.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm definitely not doing this.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm over this trend and won't be doing it.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did boudoir photos. It was a really neat experience. I’m usually a little self conscious so I was really hesitant to do them at first, but the lady I did my photos with made me feel really comfortable and we actually had some fun during the shoot. FH knows he’s getting an album of photos as his wedding gift, and I’m a little excited to se his reaction. Haha
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No way. I just don’t like the idea of them and I really don’t want pictures like that at all.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This will be my groom's gift Smiley smile I mentioned the idea to him and now he won't accept anything less than a boudoir gift. Smiley tongue

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing one and will have a book printed for my fiancé as his grooms gift. We really can't afford it in our budget, but thankfully, one of my friends is one of the premier boudoir photographers in Edmonton. I traded her my skills (Sewing - she wanted a custom suit, which I made for her) for hers (photography, obviously!). We'll be getting together sometime this fall to have a session!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wasnt in the plan originally but i heard a lot of good things about them so i looked into it more and found a photographer i liked and went for it!

We did an outdoor boudoir shoot and the pictures turned out amazing! We went and played in the lake at sunset and the photos are stunning. Ill be getting an album made and giving to FH on our wedding night Smiley smile currently he has no idea!

Let's Talk Photos! Boudoir 4

Let's Talk Photos! Boudoir 5
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought about it but decided against it. My photographer doesn't do boudoir photos, that I'm aware of, and I didn't feel comfortable with anybody else, so I decided to skip it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics