Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia

Let's talk mis-matched bridesmaids!

Michelle, on February 19, 2020 at 08:45 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Many brides are choosing to go down the road of mismatched bridesmaids these days. It's an easy way to make sure your bridal party all feel comfortable and attractive on your wedding day since the same dress might not be flattering on every body type.
There are so many styles of mismatching your squad, to name a few there is same dress in different colours, different dresses in the same colour and different dress styles and textures following a similar colour scheme.
Are you choosing to go with mismatched maids? Which style is your favourite?
Let's talk mis-matched bridesmaids! 1
Let's talk mis-matched bridesmaids! 2
Let's talk mis-matched bridesmaids! 3

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 25, 2020 at 11:19
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im doing matching personally. but ive seen mismatch ones and theyre super super nice!

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that your MOH had a little bit of sparkle to stand out! Everyone looks so great

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm doing this too! The only thing my girls will have in common is the length. We're starting shopping next month and I'm so excited to see what they pick and how they look together!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m kinda going bold here but I’m having all 5 girls in completely different colours, styles, and 2 different textures. The only thing they’ll have in common is that they’re long. This is partly to do with them being comfortable and putting a uniqueness into every one of them, but also I’m obsessed with the trend of satin and velvet and I want my girls to be as colourful as my day is going to be so it feels right! I’ll attach an indoor pic!Let's talk mis-matched bridesmaids! 4

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not having a wedding party but if I had my plan was to let my girls pick their own little black dress or jumpsuit.

I love the mismatched look, as long as there is some consistency whether it be the length or the color or the fabric.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are wearing the same colour, length, and material but I gave them the freedom choose whatever style they liked best. They're all different body types so I wasn't about to even try to make them all wear the same thing.

• T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing mis-matched dresses for our bridesmaids. I told the girls the colour, fabric, and length, and other than that it is up to them. The most important thing to me is that they are comfortable in them. I know none of them are thrilled with the colour (burnt orange) so maybe choosing the style will make them hate the dresses a little bit less.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I were having a bridal party, then they would've been in whatever style they wanted since the girls that I would've chosen are completely different body types. I also like when they're in the same colour family, but not necessarily in the same shade. I'm a variety type of gal lol so I really like that last photo you have

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have one person in my bridal party and she can wear whatever she wants in a choice of 3 or 4 colours. If I had a bigger wedding party I would for sure have mismatched dresses for them. I figure if I'm spending someone else's money I want them to wear what they like. I want them to feel beautiful and enjoy what they are wearing.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls all wore the same colour - but different styled dresses. We had a wide range of body types so with me being on the bigger side I know just how much it would scare me to wear something that flattered the person I'm next to but not me and then I would be compared. Here's my girls:

Let's talk mis-matched bridesmaids! 5

Oh, and my MOH had sequins on the top to make her stand out from the others though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics