Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Let's talk engagement Rings!!

Liberty, on January 3, 2022 at 13:27 Posted in Before the wedding 0 38
How did you and/or your partner pick your engagement ring?

Did you find one and say that is the one? Did they surprise you?!
My Fiancé and I went and looked at rings together twice. I've always envisioned what my ring would look like, I just wanted to make sure I liked it on my finger.
After looking at rings I picked out a top 3 but gave him full control to pick anything he wanted. I knew he would only buy something I would love!
He ended up finding a set (with 2 bands) on clearance at People's. It was 50% off and it I love it even more than my "top 3"
Let's talk engagement Rings!! 1
This ring is exactly what I have always wanted!!

38 Comments

Latest activity by Graham, today at 04:55
  • Graham
    Bayern
    Graham ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 2

Wedding ring studio: Regensburg
    Manufacturer: Goldene Zeiten Juweliere
    Model: Custom-made (trimming for women's ring, incision for men's ring)
    Alloy: 585 white gold (14 carat)
    Surface: matt

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so sweet! A picnic seems like a perfect proposal!
  • R
    Curious July 2023 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee proposed with a surprise engagement ring. She picked it out and surprised me with a proposal on a picnic.

I absolutely love my ring and I have one picked out for her just waiting for sizing.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a pretty ring!! Mine is from people's and it came as a set with 2 bands!
  • Victoria
    Newbie October 2022 New Brunswick
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like we have the exact same ring. Or at least mine looks super similar.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee and I had been looking at rings together more than once. I actually bought the ring (both the engagement ring and wedding ring were a set) with her there. So she knew it was coming - I just waited until December 2020 to pop the question at the steakhouse where we had our first 'real' date. She just didn't know when it was going to happen!

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks ❤️❤️❤️
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that you want to save your original ring for your son! I hope you get the emerald ring of your dreams!!
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My partner picked out my ring all by himself almost 9 years ago, on our wedding day my ring will be 10 years old so i suggested an upgrade for the wedding, he said if its happening i wont know until before the wedding because he likes to try and surprise me like that. i showed him an emerald cut for the upgrade. back 9 years ago he picked out a princess cut in a white gold band but she's seen better days, I'm actually hoping to get my current one all shined up and fixed up to save for our son when his day comes.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats amazing he went through all the work of getting your ring custom to compliment your nanas ring! My fingers aren't quite as small as yours (I'm 4.75) but I also wanted to make sure I found a ring that looks right on my finger size!
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I looked at rings back in May once stores finally reopened, but I didn’t find anything that was quite right. It was my first time trying on rings so it did help me figure out what would work on my tiny size 3 finger. I ended up sending him a photo of one I found online, but mentioned it would be really nice if it could have a yellow gold band and platinum setting so it matched my nana’s ring I inherited. Well 8 months later he finally proposed and had the ring custom made as per my specifications 😊
    Let's talk engagement Rings!! 3
    My nana’s ring I wear on the opposite hand
    Let's talk engagement Rings!! 4

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s a very beautiful and lovely ring Liberty!! 😍👏🏾
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé picked my ring along with the wedding band. He asked me a few weeks before what style of ring I liked, I just told him 1 that I absolutely saw too much and do not like. So he was aware of that. Haha!!

So I was surprised of the engagement and ring the day of. Was so beautiful and very different for me. I love it! 💕😍
    Engagement night…Let's talk engagement Rings!! 5
    With both engagement and wedding band!Let's talk engagement Rings!! 6
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know I was so happy when he told me it had his grandmas diamonds in it. I got very close to these grandparents, and his grandpa almost cried when he saw the ring. Smiley heart

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's beautiful!! I am also a big fan of clusters! It really enhances the sparkiness!!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I went ring shopping on valentine's day of 2021. I was showing him ideas of what I liked, with no idea he had any intention of proposing anytime soon. But I guess after like 3 months of me showing him ideas of what I liked in pictures he decided to do it as a date. We had a blast and went to every store in West Edmonton Mall and looked and tried on upwards to 75 rings. Like others, I picked a top 5 set of rings I loved but at the last store we went too, I fell head over heels in love with a limited edition ring at Spence Diamonds

I always envisioned myself with a pear or oval shaped ring with a pave band and a halo, just never thought I would be obsessed with cluster diamonds instead of one individual diamond sitting in a halo.

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 7

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 8

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 9

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 10

Although I was aware of which ring he would buy (like my reaction was unlike any other) I was still so happy and in love with my ring. Even to this day.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so special he got it custom made with some of his grandmas diamonds!!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your ring is stunning!! It looks very similar to one I tried on and really liked!
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Was a total surprise for me. The ring and his proposal...He didn't ask, nor did we ever going shopping. Its exactly what I would have picked out ❤
    Let's talk engagement Rings!! 11

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 12

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had shown my FH a few pictures of what I wanted. All I knew is I didn't want a traditional ring, I like vintage/retro vibes and wanted a colored stone. He went to a local jeweler and got a custom ring made. He included some of his late grandma's diamonds from one of her rings too which just made it that much more special. It is honestly everything I ever wanted.

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 13

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats so special!!
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Let's talk engagement Rings!! 14
    My fiance organically purchased a wedding band set with three blue stones. We went to my grandmas for a visit oit of town and she asked him if he has a ring set.... he took one look at them and said "these are the ones". My engagement ring and wedding band were my great grandma's rings. Truly blessed and grateful ❤
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a unique ring! It's so nice having a custom ring! My ring also needed to be sized from a 7 to a 4.75!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband told me to leave pictures on our computer of what I like then months later told me I need to put them back because he forgot.... (Lies). He knew I wanted a custom made ring just for me, not one out of a cabinet that everyone's tried on. He did so well 😍😍 the diamond is even Israeli, as is my family. Only issue was he took a ring off my dresser thinking it'd be the right size but the ones laying there are cheap rings that are standard size 7 ish. I'm a 4.75 so.... That cost a bit to resize and took a while as well 😆.

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 15

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's beautiful! I didn't even know hidden halos were a thing until after I got my ring! My "travel" ring is going to have a hidden halo so I can enjoy one a little bit!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! It was something that most jewelry stores didn't have so I had to get it custom done. Even she was surprised by it Smiley smile

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's always good to try on rings IMO! My friend hated what she thought she wanted! The ring you picked is STUNNING! I love the hidden halo!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

She didn't pick the ring but I took her to a few chain stores at the mall a few times. It wasn't so much to find out what she liked but to plant the fake idea into her head that I sucked at ring shopping. I kept suggesting some terrible designs that made her really question me Smiley xd It was all part of an elaborate plan to surprise her for the proposal lol.

She also mentioned how she liked certain designs that I wasn't so sure about. They weren't necessarily bad but I thought it wasn't something that suited her. Taking her ring shopping helped validate my gut feelings because she was able to try on things and see it wasn't as nice on her as she thought it would be.

Here's the ring I ended up getting her.

Let's talk engagement Rings!! 16

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your ring is beautiful! He really did do a great job!
  • Sascha
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Sascha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Surprisingly enough my fiancé picked my ring without me ever showing him what I liked. All he really asked was my ring size and I gave him one of my rings so he had the correct sizing.

When he started asking me about rings, I was a little nervous since I felt he was a little clueless when it came to rings and diamonds but he did so perfect and it is my dream ring without him even knowing.When he proposed I couldn’t believe he picked out the exact ring I always envisioned.
    It’s perfect for me, simple and timeless.
    Let's talk engagement Rings!! 17

• Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely! My ring is actually being fixed (as the diamond came a tiny bit loose after a dog jumped on me), so I just chucked this one on haha
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He really did!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics