Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shla
Devoted October 2021 Ontario

Let's talk colours!

Shla, on September 25, 2018 at 22:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
What are your colours? How did you come up with your colour pallette? Did you always know what you wanted? Is it a seasonal thing? Anything special that sparked your choices?

I need some inspiration! We're having an early Spetember wedding and are struggling HARD to figure it out!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on October 9, 2018 at 16:52
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dark green, gold and white.

Originally we were going to do simple white flowers with greenery, but then I saw this picture on my florist's instagram and decided to swap to a more dramatic floral palette. Everything else will be pretty muted, but the florals will pack a colourful punch.

Let's talk colours! 1

• Allison
    Newbie March 2020 Alberta
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stephanie, those flowers are beautiful! I'm going to have to add them to my list of possibilities.

We're going with Tardis blue for our main colour. Anything in addition to that hasn't been decided yet. But we met because of Doctor Who, fell in love while watching Doctor Who, and he proposed in front of David Tennant. We have to have a Doctor Who inspired wedding!

For a fall wedding, I think you need to go with rich and bold colours. Pastels are great for summer, but the darker pallets are nice when the weather gets cooler.
  • Lora
    Newbie September 2019 Quebec
    Lora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My finace and I are getting married in at the end of September, and we decided on Burgundy and Blush and a Navy Blue for the mens outfits. I always thought that I would want a nice rich dark purple as my color (my favorite color). The more I was looking on Pinterest the more I was starting to realize I didn't love purple anymore. I started looking at fall color schemes and I saw burgundy and fell in love. The more I looked on Pinterest the more I was loving burgundy and not purple.

The best way to find what you like is to decide what you don't like and go from there. If you want something to go with the season, you can google fall wedding themes. It depends on you, yours and your finaces favorite colors, the mood you wanna set.

Look around and have fun!

• Jamie
    Beginner July 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Use some of the key colours from your favourite autumn photo of you and your S.O.?

Or look at some pictures of in-season flowers and see what catches your eye.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I could convince FH, I’d have emerald and gold as my colours. They’re just so regal and rich! For late September, you could do deep burgundy, deep greens, anything with a lot of warmth to it!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Plum, Orange, TealLet's talk colours! 2

My favourite colour is plum, his favourite colour is teal. We added the orange (although it may change to red possibly) so it would be more fall looking and just as Allison is going for the peacock vibe we are trying to stay away from it at all costs! lol

For a september wedding I would personally go with a summer look but that's just because I doubt the colours on the trees would change that early (seeing as how over here the colours in the country have started but barely in the city of Winnipeg). Of course it's all your choice - besides most brides just wear white! haha easy choice for my outfit!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was always obsessed with wedding colour palettes (I'm an event planner, and took wedding planning)... I always had Plan A and Plan B for every season, utilizing unique colours and beautiful combinations.... And what do I end up with?? BLACK AND SILVER... Haha. We ended up going with a Winter wedding, which I hadn't given as much thought before...

Our venue has lots of wood features/exposed beams, twinkle lights, fire places, etc... So we decided to stay very neutral with black, pops of navy, and silver... so we'll be incorporating sparkle to give a little "winter wonderland" pop!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For décor. I wanted clean/elegant looking. so we are doing silver, white, candlelight for all our decorations (silver table cloths, white chair covers, sparkly silver head tablecloth). centerpieces will have mini lights or floating candles in them (half the tables with tall glass vases, the other half with low profile large glass bowls).

I didn't want fru fru colors. i'm not super girly like that.

the colors will be in bridesmaid dresses, the guys ties and pocket squares. going with either a clover green or a pale sage green.

for me I just knew I didn't want some fad color, or "popular" right now. so I stayed far away from the rose gold and blush pink. I wanted something that in 20 years, will still look clean/elegant.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our fall wedding is using teal and violet purple. Our theme is peacock/tropical (our ceremony is in a tropical atrium). Let's talk colours! 3

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked our because of our theme - beachy/tropical. We originally wanted to have a destination wedding, but most people in our lives couldn't afford that. So we decided to bring the beach to them!

Let's talk colours! 4

Let's talk colours! 5

Let's talk colours! 6

We are also acknowledging one of our big geeky loves - Star Wars. We're getting married on May 4th, the boutonnieres and bouquets will have Stormtrooper lego figures hidden in them (except his which will have Darth Vader and mine which will have Leia), a lightsaber battle instead of a first dance, and I'm giving him Darth Vader cufflinks as part of his grooms gift.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a nice simple venue with lots of sunshine coming through.

To keep that the colour simple as well, black and white was kept with touch of red.
    The only vibrant colours were the waterbeads at each table with LED immersable lights and white floral ball based on the pride flag.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My favourite flower of all time is the galaxy purple/blue orchid! Theme and colours based around them!! This is my bouquet and we are doing a Starry Night theme!

Let's talk colours! 7

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics